[Corrin]

It's funny how I didn't do a Corrin yet.

Corrin x child! Reader.

Corrin and a few of his soldiers were checking out an area just outside of a city.
It was a grassy plain and there wasn't anything else here.

"Alright, let's regroup! There isn't any-"
"Look!"

Corrin's head snapped to the direction of where Sakura was pointing.

A group of bandits; there weren't very far but they weren't very near either.

"Let's go!"
Corrin shouted and at his command, his group ran towards the bandits.

In the middle of the bandits was a small girl who couldn't be anymore older then Sakura, she looked around 9 or 10.
She held the knife in a defensive position.

She managed to scare off the bandits by stabbing one of them and cutting the other one's hand.

Not something Corrin wanted to see.

Once they were all gone the girl noticed them and held up her knife again "I don't have any money! Go away!" She shouted.

Corrin slowly approached her "we aren't bandits" he said.

But yet she still held up the knife.

Corrin felt horrible; he was so innocent growing up but this girl has shed blood and she wasn't even in her teens! And now she held a knife against him ready to kill if she needed to.

"I-I" her eyes started fluttering and she started wobbling from left to right, then she collapsed.

Corrin immediately rushed to her to check if she was okay, he pressed his palm on her forehead.

She was burning.

Sakura came over and checked for herself "she's burning up, she must've had this fever for quite some time now"
Corrin ordered for everyone to regroup, he picked up the little girl and ran to join them.

You woke up on a bed.

"Hey, are you okay?"

You turned your head towards the sound and saw the 'bandit'

You sat up and pressed your palms on your forehead.

"I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Corrin and I'm a prince of Hoshido"

Oh, so he was a prince.

You held your head, it still hurt.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine" you squeaked "I just need a bit more rest, where am I?"

—After a long explanation—

You managed to convince Corrin to let you join his army.

He was hesitant at first to let you in because you were a child but after showing him what you could do with a dagger or a knife he eventually took you in.

You also told him that you had no parents, that convinced him even more.

The 1st battle went great.

You teamed up with Corrin to fight, you played the offensive while Corrin played the defensive.

2nd battle was even better.

You and Corrin destroyed everything in your path. You played the hit and run tactic since you were quick on your feet.

You and Corrin started spending more time together and the two of you became very close. To the point where he would carry you around on his shoulders.

Corrin would call you his little companion and you would call him your big brother.

Corrin's army cheered because they had won yet another victory, Corrin picked you up and placed you on his shoulder, he grinned and you grinned back.

Occasionally you would get sick but Sakura would always heal you so you always recovered quickly.

—Time skip—

You were extremely sick this time, your breathes were ragged and your head was hot enough to boil water.

Corrin laid a cool cloth on your head worriedly "will you be fine?" He asked.
You turned and smiled weakly "yes I will, Sakura will heal me, I think you should go eat dinner now"
"How can I when you're here bedridden?"
"Just go...talking isn't helping..."
"Okay then..."

After he left, you let out a furry of coughs.

You rested a bit more until Kaden came in.
"Hey (y/n)! Gotcha some fruits!"
"T-thanks Kaden"
"Hinoka told Corrin to rest up a little, he's been worrying about you a lot you know"
"Kaden...I need to tell you something"
"I mean, all that frowning isn't gonna help his skin"
"Kaden"
"He should smile more"
"KADEN!"
"Hmm? What? ...oh..."

—Next day—

As soon as Corrin heard the news he couldn't believe it.

(Y/n) had passed away due to the sickness and the condition she was in.

He entered the tent and saw everyone crying. On the bed was your cold body that used to be full of life.

Your face was covered by a white cloth as a sign that you no longer lived.

It wasn't supposed to be this way...it wasn't.

He fell on his knees and mourned for his little companion.

He swore that he would kill Garon, he was the cause of this. If only he didn't start the war.

Kaden approached him "if it helps...she told me that she expected that this would happen, she wanted me to tell you what an amazing and kind person you are, she said to keep fighting for what is right..."

Corrin stopped crying and collected himself. After a few seconds he grabbed his sword "let's go everyone" he said "it's time to burry a friend"

Corrin placed a flower on your grave.
They had dug a grave for you in the Sakura fields. Corrin shed a few more tears before saying good-bye and leaving.

On the tombstone, Corrin wrote.

(Y/n).
x-xx-xxxx
To
x-xx-xxxx.
You were a strong fighter, and an enduring one.

Mother, please accept her as one of your own.
I love you, little (y/n).
My little companion.