Chapter II

Chapter II.

- Burning.

-?

- We will burn them. On the fire.

- The public ...

- Is our. They would not object to the Holy Will. Our word should be the law. And of course, we will not advertise it widely on the Internet. How are things going on with our sinful Holy Father?

- You know about it ...

- Of course. I think it makes sense to use the girl he had raped. How old is she? Fourteen? Well that’s just fine. Let her be the first, the first witch. Yes, the first witch ... Prepare the bill, get her arrested and keep in jail. I think we'll manage everything for a month. When the Federation will pass this law, we will arrange a demonstration burning.

- One more thing. She wrote a statement to the police. There is a small group of people who support it.

- Do not be a fool. I'll give the orders. Go on.

- Yes, sir hierarchy.

***

Artem was in a cold bathtub. Dim light bulb. The ashtray was on the rim of the bathtub. The water had cooled down for a long time already. In the mouth, Artem had a smoldering cigarette. Ashes fell into the water, and then blurred into the myriad of particles that would have been interesting to look at through a magnifying glass.

The world is going crazy.

Artem saw it. Saw dozens of temples being built in his city. He've read more and more crazy Federation laws. Yesterday the crowd in the square were burning some books, shouting about some Satanic seed. They said that the Church creates the Inquisition, and that they will soon begin to burn witches.

They’re going crazy.

Artem stubbed out a cigarette, threw it into the ashtray. He tried to calm down the chaos that was going on in his mind, but he couldn’t. Even the cold water didn’t help.

***

- You could repair it only with cursing.

- Hell yeah.

- Now, now, we’ll think of something.

White Noise. It seems all the news in the world began with him.

Artem listened to the voice of the announcer. However, without much interest. His fingers ran over the keyboard.

- Damn it!

 This iron had outlived himself. Artem looked in despair at his neighbor.

- Well, ...let’s  go have a cup of tea or something.

Alexander Dmitrievich was not just a tea lover. He had a whole philosophy about tea. He knew all about different types of tea, about brewing and even tradition of drinking. "Tea Party - is a great thing!" – He has repeatedly said to Artem. While drinking tea, in his opinion, it was possible to solve absolutely any question. All the troubles and wars were only due to the fact that the leaders and commanders met and drank wine, not hot, so home-made and delicious tea. "You think that you drank tea and that’s all. And now imagine that this tea - is the last one you drink in your life. Imagined? Now feel how wonderful it is ..."

Artem never tried to think about it, but he loved his neighbors tea.

- Alexander Dmitrievich, tell me. The Church always talk about this god. But where it came from, this god? How did people find out about it?

- Well, Artem, just to tell you in short: for many, many centuries ago, people knew nothing about what god is. They used to live freely. And then a man came and said that he is, infact, a god. No one certainly  believed in it. Then he began persuading everyone by doing good things. If one person helped a neighbor, did not hurt his wife and gave money to the poor, was considered as "godly". People got angry at the man, saying that he is not a god, killed him and crucified on the cross. And then when he died, they all started to believe that he is god.