Chapter Ten

«One Year Later»

I woke up to my phone buzzing on my nightstand. I groaned and picked it up, seeing it was around 4 A.M. I furrowed my brows at my phone, unlocked it, and answered the call I was getting.

"What do you want now Zach? I was sleeping damn it." I asked, irritation and grogginess showing in my tone as I talked.

"Well hello to you too sweetheart." Zach said sarcastically, which I rolled my eyes at. "Do you have any idea what today is?" He asked and I thought for a moment.

"No clue." I said, shuffling a yawn and rubbing my eye to get the sleepiness out of it.

"My heart hurts, Exon. I thought girls always kept track of how long their relationships are?" Zach said, making me sigh in annoyance.

"My god Zach couldn't you have waited until ten to call me? I literally just got to sleep four hours ago. I'm hanging up and going back to sleep." I said, I heard him chuckle through my phone.

So, apparently Zach and Gray only lived about three hours from me and Paige. We found that out when we said goodbye at the airport. That worked out perfectly. I would have loved it if one of us could have been in the others school, since we were in the same grade and would have probably been able to see each other more, but oh well. We still made it work.

"But where's the fun in that?" He asked, and I sighed again.

"In my sleep."

"I was being sarcastic, Exon. You should know what sarcasm is since you use it all the time."

"Oh shut up. You're annoying."

"Yeah, but you love me."

"That's besides the point you idiot. Let me sleep."

"Fiiine. You're so lame."

"Yeah, but you love me."

"Yes, that I do."

"Goodnight, Zach."

"Goodnight."

***

I woke up again around ten, took a shower and put my now orange colored hair in a side braid, threw on some ripped skinny jeans and a light brown hoodie, then slipped on my converse and a grey beanie before grabbing my phone again and heading downstairs to grab something to drink. I spotted Paige at the table, eating cornflakes and watching some videos on YouTube on her tablet. Dad was at the fridge, scanning it for something. Luke for once was here instead of at his college dorm as well, spread across the couch and watching TV.

I ran up behind dad, ducking under his arm and grabbing the orange juice and taking a glass from the cabinet. I poured some into it, then put the jug back into the fridge and drank it while making my way into the living room. I picked up Luke's feet and shoved them off the couch, claiming the spot where his feet were and continued to drink my juice.

"Well that wasn't very nice." Luke said and I rolled me eyes at him and shrugged.

"I would have asked you to move, but I figured it'd be faster if I just did it myself." I said to him, draining the last of my juice and setting the glass on the coffee table in front of us.

"Of course." Luke said, rolling his eyes and settling back in the couch with his arms behind his neck, watching The Walking Dead. I personally never really was interested in the show, but I still watched it sometimes when I didn't have anything else to watch. "What time is Zach swinging by again? I need to be prepared to give him the 'Big Brother' speech."

"Luke, you've gave it to him almost sixty times already. Lighten up a little." I said, leaning back into the couch and crossing my arms over my chest.