Chapter 3: The New Kid

Damion's POV
___________________________________

"Tuesdays always suck worse than  Mondays, to be honest." There's absolutely nothing to talk about with friends except school or what you're wanting to do next weekend, you spend all day Monday catching up with friends you didn't see on the previous weekend, and then... Poof... you're all out of things to talk about by the next day." I thought making my way to the cafeteria for second lunch with Micheal and (as fate would have it) Jack, on the upside there's a new kid that just started this morning, he's supposed to have our lunch.

I make it to the lunchroom and see Micheal in our usual spot at the far back right corner booth/table next to our window overlooking the parking lot.
We leave our stuff at our booth and head for the lunch line. Micheal quickly spots the new kid (six foot dyed black hair blue eyes black clothes skinny but muscular at the same time not tan but not pale and he was about balls deep in a book), sitting alone at a table in the middle of the lunchroom. Micheal tells me to go over and tell him we've got him for lunch today, and invite him to the lunch line with us.

I walk over "Hey, you're the new guy...right?" I ask a bit awkwardly because I'm never good with first time meeting people.

"Yeah. Im, Drake, what's your name? If I may ask." He said, like he'd been here his whole life.

"Oh. My bad. I'm,  Damion, and that guy over there is my best friend...only friend out of the whole school. He's, Micheal." I said, feeling a little bit less timid about talking to someone new.
"There's a guy around here that's a few yards short of a touchdown. He's, Jack, avoid him at all cost. The only language he understands is telegraphic." I warned.
He thanked me and said he'd be okay. I asked him to join us for lunch, he declined, so I made my way back to the lunch line with Micheal.

"So?" Asked Micheal without skipping a beat.

"So. His name is, Drake. He said he's going to eat alone today. Also, I warned him to stay away from, Jack."

"Well, that sucks, but good job on the warning." Micheal said nonchalantly.

We made it through the lunch line, got our meatball sandwiches, and went and sat down at our booth. Just then I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. It was, Drake, and sure enough there goes, Jack. They were headed to the bathroom. I turn to Micheal and tell him "I'll be right back, I'm gonna use the bathroom real quick, hold my spot." He said "Okay, but you'd better hurry because I just got a new ecig yesterday and once I get done I'm taking it to the bathroom and using it."
I told him I'd be right back. I got up and headed out of the lunchroom thinking I'd have to be quick to get, Drake out of trouble and keep, Micheal from finding out what I'm doing. I left the cafeteria, turned right and went into the guys restroom. Once inside, I saw, Jack about to throw a punch at, Drake who was just gonna stand there and let him do it. As soon as I saw, Jacks arm come back, I got between them as fast as I could. I ended up pushing, Drake to the floor, and taking the full force of Jacks punch. I barely even felt it, it felt like a kitten just tried to bat at a loose strand of hair. Jack looked surprised. "What the literal FUCK, do you think you're doing, McGregor?" He asked, sounding completely astonished.

"To be honest, it looks like I just saved candyass over here from getting facially raped by your fist." I said laughing. I helped, Drake back up, and apologized. Jack didn't seem too happy that I was still on my feet.
Just then, I noticed, Micheal standing over by the entrance to the bathroom. He looked absolutely astonished. At that moment,Jack decided to try to knock me on my ass.
____________________________________
Michaels POV