Complications

Going to school was something I always look forward to now. Doesn't seem like something a normal student would say no? Ever since Lilly and I started dating we would make plans to walk with each other to school. Most of the time I would go to her place and wait outside, but there are rare moments where she would wait for me. Throughout our first year as a couple, we had some small fights, but none that would tear us apart completely. We both love and trust each other, and I hope we stay that way for the remainder of our highschool life. I heard a knock on my door. I opened it and saw Lilly smiling. Apparently today was one of those rare days.

"Hey J!" Lilly said as she walked up to me and hugged me.

"Hey Lils, you're pretty early today." I said "I haven't even eaten breakfast yet."

"Yea I woke up early and nothing was going on at home so I decided to come and see you."

"Well since you're here come on in. You eat yet?"

"No, I was hoping you'd cook me something." 

"Haha, how can I say no to that face. Any requests from my favourite girl?"

"Hmm, anything you make is fine."

"Alright, just wait a few minutes Lils. Or if you want, you can help me in the kitchen."

"I'd love to cook with you."

Me and Lilly have never cooked together, it was either she cooked for me or I cooked for her. Today we made some noodles for us to share. Once we finished eating we headed out to go to school. Every time on the way to school we always had something to talk about. There was never any silence between us. Whenever I'm with Lilly, I can feel stares coming from other students. Many of the stares are from people who are extremely jealous of me. I never noticed until I started dating Lilly that a bunch of guys had crushes on her. Some guys still try to hit on her and ask her out even though I'm standing right beside her. It usually irritates me, but Lilly always ignores them or shuts them down immediately and says "Sorry, I'm with Jake." She always assures me that I'm the only guy in her life. My time with her is the best moments of my life. I don't even think that Tye could ruin my mood.

"Well well, look at the cute couple!" A voice said came from behind Lilly and I. It was Rosemary.

"Hey Rose, no morning volleyball practice?" I asked.  When our team won the volleyball tournament last year, Rose got recruited by the girls volleyball team. She quickly became one of the best on the team leading them to the National championships.

"Nah apparently we need to try out again."

"But you were our ace player. Why do you still need to try out?" Lilly asked.

"Coach wants to check out the new talent. I don't really mind anyway. I'll just make the team again!"

"That's the spirit!! Go bring us another national championship." Lilly's been really supportive of Rose ever since she got recruited.

"Thanks Bestie! What about you Jake? No ball practice?"

"Nope, practice starts next week." As for me, I made the basketball team and even became captain. The third years were a little pissed but slowly they let it slide.

"It sucks how I can't relate to what you two are talking about. If only I was a little more sporty."

"Don't worry Lils, you'll find something that Rose and I don't know anything about." I said jokingly. Rose started to laugh and Lilly started to hit me. As I was laughing, I had a feeling that someone else was watching me. I looked around but didn't see anything out of the ordinary.