Caught out

I wake with a jolt. Why do I feel so cold? I look down at my feet & see the waves washing in. Oh fuck! Cody & I fell asleep on the beach.

I turn to Cody & wake him up.

"What? Where are we?" He asks sleepily.

"We fell asleep! We are all wet from the water. We fell asleep on the beach! We have to get back to our houses before anyone realises we are gone." I say worried we might get caught.

"Okay." He says getting up.

Thankfully we get to our bedrooms by climbing up our balcony. It's still early morning so hopefully no one noticed we were gone.

I get a change of clothes & walk to my shower quickly before anyone sees me if they are up.

I get out of my wet clothes which make me even colder. I turn the hot water tap on first then the cold. I slid into the shower & let the water rush over me.

I have sand in my hair so I wash my hair with lavender shampoo & conditioner.

I massage the shampoo & conditioner into my hair to get the full effect of the shampoo & conditioner, once I have fully massaged it into my hair I leave it sit while I use my shower gel to wash myself. Eventually I wash the shower gel & the shampoo & conditioner off of myself & get out of the shower.

I decide to wear my baby blue singlet & a high waisted shirt. I sort of look like I'm going for a job interview. I blow dry my hair & throw it up into a messy pony tail.

When back in my room I check my phone to see what the time is. It's 5:30am wow that early? Normally I would sleep but I feel like I've had the best sleep so I check my messages instead.

*1 new message*

Cody: I had a wonderful time with you last night, angel. Ill see you soon. xoxo <3

I decide it's to early to text back, just incase he has gone back to sleep.

I tiptoe down the stairs & plump myself on the couch. I turn the TV on & turn the volume down low so I didn't wake anyone up.

2 hours later

I open my eyes to see mum looking at me with a curious look on her face.

"Yes?" I ask

"So...what happened last night?" She asked with a smile on her face.

"What do you mean what happened? I went to bed & slept." I lied through my teeth.

"You didn't sleep in your bed, did you?" She asked with now what seems like a wicked grin on her face.

"So...how was cody?" She added winking at me.

I laughed at how my 40 year old mother could be acting like a 16 year old teenager.

"He was great." I said while I stretched out.

"Don't worry, sweetie. Your secret is safe with me." She said winking at me once again.

"Thanks." I replied.

I walked up stair, into my room & seen a piece of paper & a box on my bed. I looked around my room & thought to myself how anyone could have gotten in. I suddenly realise my balcony doors are open with rose petals on my floor marking a track.

I walk over to my bed & read the note.

'Angel, I was out with dad & seen this, you are the first & only person who came to my mind. I hope you like it. <3