Chapter 26

*2 months later*

"Now, are you sure what this is really what you want to do Alan, I mean he's the whole reason you came back home sweetheart." My mom looked at me with concern, as I checked around my room to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

Today was the day I moved back to California, I was moving into my own place at first, not far from Austin's, and relatively near my old college which was pretty nice. I also managed to get a good job back at my old paper, apprently Sarah and John had receieved a large anonyomous donation which had allowed them to expand the paper and they where doing better then ever, and the paper had grown much bigger as Austin had done a little work for them shortly after I left to go back home. I'd been given the role of Reporter, as well as section editor, I would cover general news, attend events, go along to interviews much like the one I'd done with Austin the day I'd met him but I also had my own section. I had two whole pages of the paper where whatever I wanted went on it, and with that I would be covering local music events. I would interview local signed, and unsigned bands, help promote new bands in the area, write various reviews, chart news, anything and everything relating to music in the area, and I couldn't wait, it was perfect.

The only thing I had to worry about now was transport, even though Sarah and John where paying me well, after you took out bills, food and rent on my small, studio apartment, it didn't leave me with enough to pay for a car too. Sarah had kindly offered, on top of my wages to cover public transport costs until I was in a position to get a car, but lord knew I wasn't a fan of public transport, but it would do for now, while I get settled.

I was looking forward to seeing my old friends too, Phil and Shayley still lived out here, so did Oli, but I hadn't informed them of my move yet, I figured I would suprise them once I got unpacked and settled before they started dragging me along to shows, parties and whatever else they wanted to get up too. I couldn't deny it, I was pretty excited, I loved home, but California, it was a beautiful city, with amazing beach's, a booming music scene and so much to do and see. I knew one of my first stops would be to go back to Laguna beach, that was my favorite beach, with all the cute diners, shops, water park, art and museums.

"Austin!" I cried as I spotted him, waiting for me by the gate, a big smile spread across his face. I dashed over to him as fast as I could with two suitcases and a carry on in hand.

"Hey baby, god I've missed you." Austin let out a relieved sigh as he englufed me in a bear hug. It had been nearly a month since I'd last seen him, as he was away in Europe on a business trip for a week, and then I was so busy getting ready for my move, we hadn't had time to see each other.

"I've missed you too." I tip toed up so I could press my lips against his.

"I can still barely believe that from now on, you'll only be a twenty minute drive from me, I'm so glad you decided to move back, being apart from you is way too hard."

"Well, now we shall never have to be, not for more then a night, well aside when you go on buisness trips." I chuckled softly.

"It will be even better when you finally decide to move in with me." Austin laughed.

"One thing at a time Aust, I've only just landed."

"I know, I just hope it's sooner, rather then later."

"I'm sure it will be, now, let's go because these suitcases are a pain in the ass." Austin nodded, taking one of the suitcases for me as we made our way out of the airport.

"When is it you pick up your keys?"

"I can pick them up any time after eleven tomorrow morning, my furniture is arriving at like midday, so I was thinking, get them first thing, unpack and we can spend the whole night braking in the new apartment." I grinned cheekily at him.