Chapter Six- Lessons, Malfoy and Quidditch

"Sunlight comes creeping in, illuminates our skin"- Wings | Birdy

Bella's POV

"Have you seen Harry and Ron recently?" Bella to Seamus and Dean as a random painting on the wall asked if anyone had seen her hairbrush recently.

We were walking down to our first ever lesson. Transfiguration with professor McGonagall.

"Can't say I have" Seamus replied as he ran his hand through his sandy brown hair.

"I saw them this morning before breakfast but I haven't seen them since" Dean added as we reached the classroom.

"Ok, thanks guys" I said, sitting down beside a very eager looking Hermione. She had her head stuck in what I'm guessing is our course book. In fact her head was so far stuck in it that her brown frizzy hair completely covered her face.

"Morning Hermione" I greeted pleasantly.

She didn't even look up from her book.

"Hello? Earth to Hermione Granger" i waved my hand in front of her face.

"There's no point in trying weaselette" said a cold and unpleasant voice. A voice that belongs to no other but Draco git Malfoy. "She can't hear you under all that hair"

Malfoy smirked proudly as his tugs- Crabbe and Goyle laughed uncontrollably. To be honest I think they're just laughing because they're so unintelligent they don't have the vocabulary to comprehend what he's saying

"You're insulting her hair. Four words Malfoy. Look in the mirror" I retorted.

"Ooh burn" Dean said grinning like crazy as all the others laughed.

Malfoy went slightly red. "Yeah? Well you're s-so ugly!"

Pathetic.

I smirked "sorry what was that? I don't speak idiot"

Everyone burst out laughing just as McGonagall walked in the door.

"Okay settle down, settle down. Mr Thomas please take your seat."

I felt a small tap on my shoulder as professor McGonagall droned on about the importance of transfiguration.

"Yeah?" I whispered, turning towards Hermione.

"Thanks for doing that. For standing up to Malfoy for me"

I grinned at her "what are friends for?"

Seconds later, Harry and Ron rushed in.

"Whew, amazing, can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?" Ron gasped, as he tried to get his breath back.

The tabby cat jumps off the desk and turns into Professor McGonagall. The two boys looked amazed.

"That was bloody brilliant!"

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Maybe if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter or yourself into a pocketwatch, maybe one of you would be on time" professor McGonagall scolded.

"We got lost" Harry explained.

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats" she snapped and went back to lecturing us about Merlin knows what.