Chapter Three- The Truth Is Out

"This time I'm ready to run, escape from the city and follow the sun"
- Ready to Run | One direction

********************************************

"So, what we're trying to say is" Molly took a deep breath before continuing "you're adopted"

Bella didn't respond. She was in shock, her face is blank of all emotion. Then tears started to form in her eyes.

"Bell, please say something" Bill pleaded as he rested his face in his hands.

"I don't know what you want me to say" Bella replied bitterly, her gaze locked upon the sandy golden scroll tied up with a red ribbon. "What are you supposed to say when you find out your family has been lying for your whole entire life!"

Tears spilled from Molly's eyes.

"If you're not my real family" Bella choked out "Then who is?"

"We don't know" Arthur confirmed, his voice wavering.

"Why don't you open it and find out?" Molly tried to smile as she gestured to the letter

Bella's hands shook as she opened the letter.

She tried and do it slowly at first, careful not to rip the envelope the contained the information that would change her life forever. "It's amazing to think that this little scrap of paper has the power to do that"  Bella said to herself.

She soon gave up on doing it slowly, she wanted answers. After ripping it open quite aggressively. Bella stared at the letter that was addressed to her.

Miss Isabella Black
The Burrow
Ottery St. Catchpole
Devon
England

"Isabella Black. That's who I am now, I'm no longer a Weasley" Bella whispered to herself.

She blinked back tears and continued to read the letter.

Dear Miss Black,

It is with my full heart when I say that I am sincerely sorry to inform you of this news, although your parents and siblings may have already done so. You are not a Weasley. You are a black. But to which family of Blacks you belong to I'm afraid escapes my knowledge. You probably have a thousand and one questions but I'm afraid they are most likely questions to which I do not have answers to. I understand that you are most likely shocked and I am sure hostile to a certain extent towards the Weasleys.

When you arrive for your first year on September first I would be honoured to talk about such a personal subject with you. I hope this letter will suffice until I meet you in the flesh,

Albus Dumbledore
Headmaster Of Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Bella looked up at her family to see them all staring at her with excepting looks.

She couldn't take it any longer.

She fought back the tears as best as she could, grabbed both her letters and raced upstairs ignoring everyone's shouts and pleas to come back.

She ran into her room, slammed the door and locked it so that no one could come in.
Because she didn't think she could face any one right now, she needed to be alone.

"A lie" Bella muttered quietly. "That's what I've been living my entire life. A lie.
They aren't my real family. They lied to me."

She never felt more shocked, betrayed or heartbroken in her entire life.