Chapter 4

Morning came and I was up the earliest just like always. I guess I stick to my name Granola bar...full of energy. I stared out the window looking into the distance where Old Stoney Beach lay as I watched the tiny waves move back in forward as if a toddler's drawings. Mother always said that I was the baby of an artist yet it was none of them to which she concerned. She said I thought of the world we my own palate but that didn't bother me much. I didn't tend to much of what mother said now and days and I tend to forget them on purpose. I continued watching the waves making its patterns with my hands as Rome was calmly sleeping as always. I call her the quite one sometimes but she doesn't need to know that.
Soon Anja walked in my room with only blue swim trunks on and his hair the smell of salt water.
"The water's fantastic Granday! You would love it. Mom brought me and I ran back as fast as I could to see if you wanted to come." Anja said breathing between every word. I laughed and got up from my window which I watched the sea.
"I should wait but maybe Rome would like to sleep rather than look at the super hot beach boys!" It yelled purposely knowing she would wake up.
"BOYS?! WHERE?!" Rome popped up grabbing the brush from beside her. I chuckles at her smirking at her.
"Same old Rome huh?"
"Shut your pie hole!"
"Your too nice!" Rome rolled her eyes and got up from her bed.
"I'm not even going to change I'm too lazy to go in the water."
"Whatever suits you Romeo." I teased her as she growled at me.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Sooner or later, we ended up at the beach as Anja ran to mom. I didn't care much about that part but what happened after. We settled into the beach pretty easily, Rome and I...that was until Jordan showed up. Rome and I were talking about any stuff girls would talk about (video games adventures and mud pretty typical) until the boy in the green shirt and kaki pants walked over to us. Of course Rome over exaggerated! She responded and I quote, "YOUR THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CREATURE I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE EXISTENCE MAY GOD BLESS YOU!" I rolled my eyes laughing at her. She is a fangirl when it comes to boys, especially ones she consider true.
"Um hi my name is Jordan but you can call me what you want..." He stopped talking looking into my direction but quickly turning back. That was quite odd. "You girls must be new here because I'm here every summer." He laughed moving his hair to the side. Rome stated into his big blue eyes as I just smiled there at Rome's next boy crazy victim. He had no idea what was coming.
        "Well my name is Rome and this is my friend Granola." Rome excitedly stated tugging my shoulder closer to her. "We are practically sisters!" She yelled smiling brightly in his face. Jordan stood there confused as heck but smiled along with her to make her feel happy.
       "Well welcome to Point Peak! He beach is great here really but I'm not that into beach activities. Grandma believes that I should get into the sub and get in touch with nature." He said coming close to my ears covering his ears. "But she is part Native American so we don't talk much about her because they'd take her away or so my big brother tells me." I nodded and looked at Tome who was trying her best to hide her jealousy.
        "How about we go play in the sand or something or..." Rome started, but Jordan interrupted him.
          "I can't remember I'm not a beach person and there are too many things under the sand that we aren't sure of so I'm sorry to decline but..." But then Rome interrupted him.
       "Well we can go to..." But then Rome again was interrupted by Jordan.
        "The local supermarket! My friend Roxie should be there and she's pretty cool! You guys would love her. Sadly I can't come because I gotta take care of old grandma. I'll see you gals tomorrow?" He asked shrugging his shoulders.
       "Of course we love making new friends." I shrugged taking Rome's hand. He smiled back waving back at us as Rome excitedly waved her hand running off almost dragging me. Once we got deeper into the trail closer to the small general store Rome stopped us.
        "DID YOU SEE HIM?! He is so dreamy and is soooooo into me!" Rome squealed jumping up and down.
      "Of course totally but don't take any assumptions now come on let's meet Roxie."
       "Of course! Any friend of Jordan is definitely a friend of mines." Rome told me dragging me to the general store as I shook my head at her gullible personality.
We soon arrive at the store where a girl with dark red and black hair holding her dog in her arms smiles at us.
"Well hello there you must be Rome and Granday!" The girl yelled in a scratchy voice by it seemed natural for her. "My name is Roxie and I'll be your expert on fun times." She winked at us as Rome slowly walked back. "No no no not like that...I'm an inventor so I can help you out geez you..." She mumble driving a screw into her dog.
"ANIMAL CRUELTY!" I screamed jumping back!
"Chill out bro it's just my robot dog. He needed a repair after jumping into the stupid puddles!" She said waving her arms out hoping we didn't get the wrong idea. I took a deep breath of relief and step closer to the counter.
"We are so sorry for the misunderstandings but I'm asking you don't have many friends?" Rome asked as I slowly cringed to myself.
"Not many." Roxie shrugged opening he back of her dog open. "Jordan understands my weirdness and I guess you can say I'm socially awkward, so I come to work at this store every summer but im way older than him..." She sighed screwing the last screw inside her dog.
"Well how old are you if you don't mind us asking?" I asked curiously.
"18, a-and about to go to college but I d-don't mind much about that I love kids! They are so weird and cool almost like me! But I reckon I'll be back my next summer, especially for you gals." We smiles at her widely as I began to check out the movie section of the store.
"You likes movies?" She said digging under her station. We looked at each other nodding.
"Well...we gotta a wide selection of horror movies if your interested in that and they are pretty wicked!" She said jumping herself onto the top of the counter. We grabbed the DVD out of her read reading the title. SHARK BAIT 2 it was called and we immediately handed Roxie $3 and a snicker.
"Usually it's $10 plus tax but I'll make an exception with the candy!" She said u pealing the wrapper she immodestly took from Rome's hand. "Keep your money and have a nice day! Your welcome here whenever you want!" She yelled waving excitedly as we walked out the store.
"Nice girl ain't she?" I asked Rome punching her in the shoulder playfully.
"Pretty nice but we can't trust her yet...we can't trust nobody with our cherry blossom secret...not even Jordan." Rome whispered as we continued to walk home praying we can go by the CherryBlossoms.
"I'd kill for some time to hang out with Michi. That girl could get the steam out of anybody." Rome stated waving her hand in front of her face from the sun.
"As long as it isn't me to be the ones that killed." I laughed as we walked off into the sunset.