Chapter 5

As we arrived home we saw mother once again on her old hickory rocking chair smoking back at the old yellow and white stick of death coughing. "Mother, can we go out and play once more?" I asked her from below the porch. She coughed roughly.
"BAH HUMBUG! You no need to play child it's practically past midnight by now and you ought to be in the house! I didn't raise no Night Crawler and I Never will understand?" Mother responded as she continued to take in the toxic air.
"But mother I just want to visit a friend and..." I responded back more stern but she interrupted.
"Bah! You of no understanding just like your old father. I didn't think he'd run off on you by apparently he did. You of no friends...go to your room!" She tried to make our more words be she stopped coughing but immediately taking another puff of the deadly stick.
"Yes mother..." I said walking toward the back of the house where there be the cherry blossom paradise.
"Now go along child! Let your mother return her deeds!" She yelled leaning farther back into her old rocking chair as I shook my head rubbing off with Rome trailing behind.
"Granola! Come on she didn't mean nothing! It's ok!" Rome yelled from the back running as fast as she could, but I was faster. I kept rubbing letting the tests from my fave fly behind me just like I wanted my past too.
"Come on we can talk to Michi or watch that wicked movie!" Rome called out waving the DVD case in her hand. I stopped looking back at her smiling.
"Ok fine let's talk to Michi and then we can watch the movie." Finally Rome caught up with me and nodded her head dragging me once again to the Cherry Blossom trees.
~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
     As soon as we arrived, we saw Michi looking down from her tree branch watching cherry blossoms fall but then looked at us in the same tone.
      "Michi are you ok?" Rome asked walking closer to her tree. Michi shook her head letting out a deep sigh.
    "Are you sick? Hurt? Did somebody die?" I asked praying it was none of the above. Michi jumped from her branch revealing the stems that were attached to her that seemed to follow her.
      "I am broken my friends..." She looked down. Rome then realized that the stems were just attracted to her smell as she noticed the blossom powder on Michi's shoulder suggesting it was in her back. Either way the scene was beautiful.
     "How are you broken Michi?" I asked with sorrow in my eyes as they grew bigger.
      "I'm dying slowly very slowly. I have been connected with this blossoms for ages and now they are dying so I must die too..." She said falling to her knees. I stared at her confused as if a mythical creature.
       "I'm no magical creature...but there is a strange connection with nature that makes me so as they do...I definitely won't be here past winter..." She said wiping her tears placing them into the fallen petals of the blossoms.
"No Michi you won't die...we...we won't let you!" Rome stated helping Michi up.
"It's no use Rome...we must spend every last second together from now on...must you sleep here with me?" She said looking st Rome with sorrow in her eyes. Rome smiled at her and nodded her head.
"Anything for a friend of mines!" She said looking up at the Cherry Blossoms.
"Dad always said that the falling of leaves means the new beginning of life! Maybe that's what it means Michi!" I stated brightening up the mold.
"Nonsense! The trees know what they are talking about and I must trust them. They are my mother and the beauty withhold in her would never tell a lie like her golden heart." Michi responded.
"Maybe it's just a dream and we live in a dream and all our problems are dreams..." Rome responded back. We then all laid back looking up at the beautiful petals as they fell on our faces.
"This is the most beautiful thing I've seen and I will always remember this..." I responded quietly as I closed my eyes.
"Isn't it? I told my mother you guys would think it's beautiful and she said of course it is. Death can be a beautiful thing." Michi responded kicking her dainty feet into the air mocking the petals.
"What is your mom like anyway or at least what does she look like?" Rome asked looking sideways at Michi. Michi smiled as her cheeks became rosy like the petals of the cherry blossoms.
"Well my mom is here since my cheeks are now rosy. That's how I know she is present but she doesn't know I know this."
" Oh la la! Tell me more!" Rome responded collecting petals onto her belly.
"Well...my mom is really beautiful. Her golden locks always flow in the wind with her curls trailing behind. Her crystal blue eyes shine bright in the day and a light in my heart as she watches over me. Her dress white satin like mine with a pastel pink bow that wraps it all up. She is always sitting and watching me grow so I'm never alone..." Michi sighed continuing to look up at he cherry blossom sky.
     "She sounds beautiful Michi...I wish too only see her..." Rome responded. And as we continued to confess and daydream, our day dream had only ended and we soon fell asleep drifting away back to our fantasy world.