Chapter 1

"Wakes up Granola we are almost here!" Rome yelled in my ear shaking me hard.

          "WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!" I yell waking up roughly

"WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!" I yell waking up roughly. Rome laughed hysterically kicking her legs in the air.
"Just kidding we are still in the house but using twin senses I could tell you were dreaming you were on the road huh?" She smirked. I rolled my eyes at her smart remark and leaned over falling face forward off the bed. "Yup I was right." Rome laughed almost in tears.
"I don't know why you moved in with me in the first place." I grumbled trying to get up but struggling. Rome looked down trying to laugh it off.
"You don't remember?" She looked at me sincere. She sighed helping me up. "I-it's ok if you don't we just made a promise to never talk about it..." After that I realized what she was talking about and I smiled at her.
"Hey but you got me now right?" I smiled at her.
She nodded slowly rubbing my hair.
"It's messy enough!" I laughed walking out the room. She looked at me with a warm smile and waved her hand to come back as I stared at her confused.
" Your forgetting something." Rome stated firmly pointing at my suitcase smirking ever so much.
"This is another reason we are friends." I laugh grabbing the suitcase and bouncing off or the door.
"That's my girl. " she stated following me behind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Soon we were in our miniature van ready for adventure or as I call it, the baby boom boom. It's where most of our family was born and my dad has 8 siblings so just imagine the number of kids as in Rome's terminology "boom boom" in the car. It's also where most of our special memories begin. I'm the only kid not born in the car which makes me the special one but my brother of course begs to differ.
"Ok kids you ready to rock n roll?!" My dad asked doing the Rock and roll sign with his hands and sticking his tongue out. Rome rolled her eyes and I silently cringed.
       "Right on dad!" Ranja copied him staring at me from the front seat. Rome glared at him beaming him with evil and Ranja quickly tuned back forward.
       "That should teach him." Rome said proudly puffing her chest out.
Right now it's just me, dad, Ranja, and Rome in the household. Mother had left us years ago but dad didn't want to let us go so we all stayed with him but we all have our back stories. I guess dad is so strong that he is always smiling so you'll never know his pain. He said that I'm the same way and I'm the granola bar of his life.
     "Your mom is going to meet us at Point Peak once we get there so if you guys want to..." He stated looking forward firmly gripping the steering wheel.
     "No I'm good I just want to get away from her that's what." Anja stated mumbling words we probably didn't want to hear.
      "Now Anja we all know she loves us and she just couldn't live with us for certain reasons not including you so don't get your bees in a box." Dad sighed calmly. He tried to make peace in the house even though he knew it's was an uncontrollable pain running rapid throughout it.
      "Do you want me to remind you of why I live with you?" Rome asked looking down.
       "I may not remember but I don't want to because of its not good it doesn't deserve to be remembered." I stated smiling at her. I did know what happened but I didn't want her to know that.
     Rome's full name is Rome Roosevelt Deadoris. Everybody knows that anybody from the Deadadoris blood line is bad news. A family of gangs and drug dealers and abusers and Rome happened to be one.
Her mother, Caroline, was a simple girl living a simple life until she met Rome's dad, the leader of the most powerful gang known to Earth. Caroline fell in love in high school with this man and his luring ways but ended up dead after poor Rome was born. She had known too much and Rome's father shot  her dead without a care in the world. Rome grew  up with her father but was there as a slave, not a daughter, but was allowed an education. That's when she met me. But once her father found out she had a friend, he feared she would tell me of all the Deadoris secrets and he couldn't risk that. I took her in and Rome never turned back to her horrible past.
I'm her granola bar and what let's her live another day. But we don't talk about it much.
I stared out the window watching the mountains pass by as if writing a song on a piece of paper. Different heights and lights.
"Beautiful ain't it?" Rome calmly stated moving beside me to the window. "We must be close by looking at these mountains I mean it is called Point Peak so I'm guessing there is plenty mountain there." She smiled. I laughed at her remark and continued to stare at the window.
"Girls, this is called Precious Peaks and it's another national park but we aren't going there too expensive." dad stated looking to the side of his area checking the outside beauty.
"But father I thought we..." I stated trying to smile.
"Mother hasn't been paying child support and has refused to so we are back in debt but we'll be ok sweetheart nothing to worry about." He stated happily. I smiled back at him turning back to Rome.
     "It's Precious Point beautiful? I wish we went there..." Rome faded off looking sad.
     "We will find a way I know we can!" I yelled excitedly hoping of a thought of adventure.
Rome's eyes brightened and she moved her hands excitedly. We squealed in the back thinking about all the cool things we could do instead of the things we couldn't.
       "Could you girls please SHUT IT!" Anja yelled sticking his earbuds back in angrily. We giggles at his anger continuing to gossip about our soon to be awesome adventure.
      "Girls we are almost there so give your brother some peace and your chatter can wait a while." Dad stated looking at Anja with caring eyes. We nodded in agreement but broke the promise by continuing to chatter about our adventures. Why wouldn't we hold it in. For our adventure was about to begin.