Part three- The Team Unites

Alex winced as she witnessed Kevin accidentally hit Mike in the shoulder during training that morning. She was sitting with her legs underneath her on the porch watching the others, except for Jayden, practice with their partners, while Jayden observed them and her father instructed them as he paced behind her. Mainly because of the fact her friends were watching but she knew it was not going to be long before her cousin showed up.

"Are you OK?" she asked. Mike nodded as he rubbed his shoulder. "Of course."

"Get inside our opponents head," Jayden instructed. "Use your instincts to sense their next move and feel their attack coming!" he swung his training sword around at Kevin, who ducked to avoid it; swinging the sword around again, Jayden aimed for Kevin's chest, but missed and hit Mike in the other shoulder as Kevin ducked backwards. Alex flinched as Mike grunted in pain. She knew how he felt; Jayden always caught her off guard with his attacks too.

"Mike, always keep your guard up!" Jayden scolded.

"Mike," Ji said addressing the Green ranger, "Let me ask you something..." Mike, turning his attention to his mentor, failed to notice Jayden's attack before it was too late. He groaned as the training sword hit him once more.

"Hey, no fair," he whined.

"You distracted me!" Jayden shrugged, half­heartedly.

"OK, I get it," Mike nodded.

"Let me try again! One more time!" He turned to face Jayden who prepared for the next attack, he swiftly pulled the sword through the air, aiming for Mike's feet, the Green ranger, however, pushed off from the ground, sprung over the staff and landed, before Jayden struck him in the back of the legs.

"Now watch this," Jayden said, swinging his staff around at Kevin, who ducked to avoid it again. The training went on for a few more minutes, during which time Alex noticed Mike pull away from the group.

"Aw, Mike," she cooed, jumping up and slipping away unnoticed. She met up with the Green ranger on the other side of the house.

"Going somewhere?" she asked- Alex wasn't usually so nosey but she knew she had to watch out for him. Mike stopped. "I can't do this," he said.

"I have to clear my head!"

"Dad won't be happy if you leave, plus I don't think it is good to leave the house angry Mike." Alex said, thinking about her past times as a ranger. She remembered leaving one and it caused a lot of trouble.

"We're supposed to stay away from our friends and family. Remember?"

"I need familiar surroundings to calm down," Mike pointed out, heading for the gates. Alex sighed and grabbed her wallet, keys, and then grabbed phone as well.

"My friends will find me, not the other way around, I can't push them away, Alex."

"What you going to tell them?" Mike shrugged as Alex just gave him the look, and that look was Alex's soft and loving side as she looked at him, her mind was racing. She pushed her hair behind her ear, letting her think about what she needs to do as she looked at him. 

"I'll think of something. What about you?" he asked.

"What about me?"

"I noticed you're not training with the rest of them," Mike said, he looked at Alex as she smiled at him softly.

"Because I've been training for so long my father has taken it upon himself to make me watch and learn about my past, and after last night's display he thought I was ready to teach on my own but I am not if you ask me." Alex nodded. "Plus I tend to do my training in the night, much like I use to when I trained as a young ranger you can ask RJ what I was like as a ranger for the Jungle Fury as a Fox ranger. I then learned as a Fire student under my uncle. And much more Mike, I never thought I would be where I am now. It makes me feel like I'm back in my younger years training." Mike nodded, he was understanding of who she was slowly now that she is such a great ranger and her life as a ranger.