Chapter 34

Squid's POV:

As the girls came out of their bedroom, I was stunned by Amy's dress. She looked gorgeous in it. I smiled, bringing her close to me. I noticed she looked a bit shy of my praise, so I squeezed her shoulder for reassurance. 

Stampy was gazing expectantly at the hallway, awaiting Sqaishey to come out. 

"She was right behind me, I think she may have needed to adjust her shoes." Amy reassured Stampy. 

Moments later, I noticed Stampy's attention dart back at the hallway, this time the hallway wasn't empty. 

As Sqaishey came into full view, Stampy immediately accompanied her, stumbling over his own feet about how stunning she looked.

And, quite honestly, she really did. 

I had never seen her dressed up before, so it was a new sight for me. She had on this baby blue dress, and from the sleeves to her torso were littered with flower embellishments. Looking closer, I noticed her hair was up in a precarious braid and her makeup looked flawless against her blue eyes.

Swallowing a bit nerviously, I quickly averted my gaze so she wouldn't notice. I looked at Amy just then, who was as beautiful as ever, beaming next to me.

Smiling with her, I dismissed my awkward acknowledgement of Sqaishey as we all headed out to the car. I was fairly certain that it wouldn't be anything worrysome. 

Beth's POV: 

I was taken aback at the sight of the designated ball room. It was beautifully done, especially for what little time it took to prepare. It was a small open concept building that centred in the city; it is normally used for live music shows or city gatherings. 

I really liked the area around it as well because there were a couple of small gazebos scattered around with beautiful flowers and luminescent lighting.

Smiling in excitement, I took Stampy's hand, walking in. By the sounds of it, there was a lovely soundtrack of a variety of genres playing in the background, blushing as Stampy gathered me closer to him by holding a hand on my waist. I noticed the familiar tune of "Earned it" by the weekend in the background as we began to dance.

I blushed as we began slow dancing for the second time ever, and I felt as if we were both thinking about our first time dancing in the kitchen together. I giggled at him, noticing our dazed off expressions. 

"I love you, cat." 

"I love you too." Stampy kissed me gently on my forehead, stepping back slightly from the slow song. I twirled dramatically on his finger to end the song, to which my shoe fell off again. This would be the second time tonight!

"Thank you, Stamps." I smiled as he picked up my shoe, helping me put it back on. 

We all continued dancing in the gazebo, underneath the sunset. We were all laughing about, enjoying ourselves. Amy and I even danced together whilst Squid and Stampy did. 

"May I have this dance?" I was a bit taken aback as I noticed Squid in front of me, holding his hand out to me. Shrugging, I figured why not.

As we split from Amy and Stampy, who were dancing together, I noticed the song "Can't Remember To Forget You" by Shakira and Rihanna began to play. Squid slowly grabbed my hand, pulling me into the choreograph dance that went viral on youtube for this song. 

I wasn't sure why I was nervous, but I was. Squids gaze didn't leave mine as we danced together, getting more into the dance as the chorus approached

"Ohh, ohh, I can't remember to forget you

Ohh, ohh, I keep forgetting I should let you go

But when you look at me, the only memory

Is us kissing in the moonlight"

Thoroughly enveloped in the dance, I spun around as he was facing me, and the song ended.

"Whooo! You guys should start taking dance classes! That choreography was well preformed!" Stampy broke Squids gaze away from me as he praised us. 

"I quite enjoyed it, that was fun! Thank you for the pleasure, Squid nugget." I smiled, taking Stampy's hands once again to dance.

The night was spectacular, I couldn't have thought of a better double date. When the ball was over, we all conversed over dinner in euphoric states as we reminisced on the amazing night.

Averting my attention from the conversation, I noticed that Squid was completely spaced, staring at a cabinet across the room without blinking. 

Frowning slightly, I let him be. I hope he had fun and didn't despise the dance with me or something. I left him to it, not wanting to disturb him.

He remained like that for most of the evening, even on the drive back. He didn't seem to notice what was happening in the world around him.