WHEN THE LITTLE ANGEL COMES TO VISIT

A few members of the Celestial Twelve were enjoying the weekend in the lobby of their dorm as usual. Corvan was summoned by the Headmaster for a reason saying that he had a surprise for the young lord.

Val was in the kitchen preparing a snack for the others, making sure that it was enough especially because the eleventh ranker was around.

"Hey Charles, ever wondered what it felt like to have a sister?" Keelan asked, as his green eyes sparkled with innocence and wonder.

Charles tensed up a bit at his question. He glanced at Tamara who had fallen asleep yet again on a loveseat, before he spoke.

"I believe I have not. I can do without one," he said, and fixed his glasses. He then focused back on the book he was reading.

"I was just asking. I mean, I have a brother and he's cool. But, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too bad if I had a sister," the eleventh ranker said.

"You're not the only one thinking that, Keelan," Valeriana said as she came from the kitchen. She set down a plate of perfectly arranged cookies on the center table.

Keelan's eyes lit up and immediately reached for one and stuffed it in his mouth, before taking another one.

"Jareth is such a pain in the ass, and I always wondered what my life would be like if he was girl," she said as she sat down next to him.

They all turned the door when they heard it open.

Corvan came in, but that wasn't the first thing they noticed. They're eyes widened at the sight of him carrying a child with apple-sauce hair and green eyes. She looked a bit like the first ranker.

"OMG, Emmillyse!" Val squealed in delight. Tamara woke up at the sound of her voice, while the rest turned to her. They had their brows to their hairline, all silently asking how she knew the girl.

"What are you yelling on about...?" She trailed off when she caught sight of the little girl. "Cute...." She said as she stared.

When Emmillyse saw Valeriana, she squirmed in her brother's hold. Corvan wasted no time in setting her down.

Her little feet padded over the carpeting as she ran into the fifth rankers arms. The first ranker on the other hand was looking annoyed. But truth be told, he was suppressing a smile at his little sister's eagerness.

Val immediately picked Emmillyse up and gave her a tight embrace. She pulled her head back and saw the little girl's aura reaching out to her.

"What brought you here, sweetcheeks?" she asked her.

'I wanted to see you. You were taking too long in keeping your promise,' Emmillyse thought to her.

Valeriana laughed, causing the others to look at her, except Corvan.

'Didn't you come here to see your brother?' Val said to her. She gave the first ranker a side glance which, earned a brow raise from him in return.

'I did, but I also came to see you. I've had nobody to talk to,' the little girl replied. Her bottom lipped quivered and her eyes started to water.

Val ran her hand through her curls in attempt to sooth her. "It's fine. As long as you're here, you can talk to me as long as you want," she said to her.

The rest were baffled about why the two had a staring contest, and the words that escaped Val's lips.

"Everyone, meet my sister, Emmillyse. She'll be with us for the next two days," Corvan said. They all nodded as their mouths formed an 'o' at his words.