DRUNK

I know I said it would be a while, but...I've been on WP for exactly one year today, and I just got so inspired. Enjoy

"Charles, I'm not so sure if you should be keeping another one of those concoctions from your DevDept acquaintances," Tamara said. All the while, she eyed the bottle of clear liquid placed on the kitchen counter.

She was standing in front of the kitchen doorway, with Keelan and Rowe. None of them dared to step into "Charles' territory" as they called it, afraid of what the fourth ranker might do to them. "His" kitchen was off limits to them, except Val.

"The last time you brought one, Valeriana and Corvan got stuck together," Rowe chimed in.

"And they have been avoiding each other ever since," Keelan added. He stuffed the large cookie he was holding into his mouth. Luckily, Charles' back was to him, so he didn't get a scolding for his manners.

The fourth ranker turned to face them.

"First of all, this liquid is harmless and it's for my father," he said to Tamara. She stopped herself from flinching at the mention of the last word.

"Second, it's the twin's fault that their hands got stuck together, Lord Rowe," he said to the second ranker.

He then faced Keelan, who had just swallowed his chewed cookie.

"And lastly, Valeriana is the one avoiding him. Whereas Lord Corvan had been trying to talk to her," he said.

The three of them kept quiet after that. They should be preparing for bed already because they had classes tomorrow, but they can't seem to take their eyes off the bottle.

It was as if, something was going to happen. That bottle of liquid had something to do with it.

They didn't know whether that "something" was going to be good or bad.

A weird smile suddenly appeared on Charles' face.

"Now...."

-------

Valeriana sat in front of her desk, doing some advanced studying for her classes tomorrow.

Her eyes kept drooping close, and her head lulled forward because of sleepiness.

A knock on her door startled her. At the same time, it caused her head to fall flat on her desk. She sat up straight at once from the pain.

Who could be knocking at this hour? She thought as she made her way to the door. All the while, she kept rubbing her face to sooth the pain.

She swung the door open, without looking. Just then, she felt large hands grab her shoulders. She was turned, so her back was to the door.

She was pushed against it, closing it with a loud bang in the process. She looked up just in time to see Corvan's face. But not a second after that, her eyes widened, when his lips claimed hers in an ardent kiss.

She stood frozen, as the young lord moved his lips over hers, coaxing her to respond. Her knees started turning to jelly, as her eyes fluttered close.

But before she could melt into the kiss, she forcefully pulled them away from his. Corvan tried to connect their lips back again, but Val pushed him an arm's length away from her.

They panted heavily, with Val's face a bright shade of crimson. Corvan on the other hand was eyeing her lazily with half-lidded eyes.

He stepped forward, and Val instinctively shrunk back to the wall. She held her breath, as he leaned in close to her ear.