Been That Way

Kehlani felt like pure shit when she woke up that next morning, but as soon as she thought of last night's events, her entire demeanor changed.

Honestly, she really wanted to see Ty again.
She jumped out of bed and raced to the shower, hating she didn't have his number.

As she showered, Ty had invaded Kehlani's thoughts.

Sexually.

She began to think of all the freaky things they could do together as she touched herself. Realizing her finger wouldn't satisfy her, she switched the water knob from shower to bath and pulled out her favorite toy.

"Ty," she moaned as it inched closer and closer to her tunnel. She threw her head back and enjoyed the sensations the toy provided for her, although it would never amount to the real thing.

The thought of that and the fact that she hasn't had sex in God knows how long turned her off quicker than she anticipated.

Unexpectedly, she heard someone at her door.

"Really?!" She whisper-yelled.

She dried off, slipped on her robe, and headed to the door. Usually, she would look in the peephole and see who it was before she opened it, but her sexual frustrations had her completely off.

As soon as she opened the door, lips came crashing down onto hers. Hands caressed her face, her knees buckled-she didn't even get a chance to see who was there!

Then again, she didn't have to. The only person who knows where she lives is Dre.

She pushed him off of her and looked into his eyes. It looked as if he had been crying.

"Dre, what's going on?" She asked while pulling him inside and closing her door.

"I miss you, Lani," he said while pulling at her robe. "I want that old thing back."

His lips connected with her neck as her robe fell to the floor.

"Dre, we can't. Please-"

"Shhhh," he cooed. "I need you."

He cupped and squeezed her behind as he deepened the kiss, sending Kehlani to the point of no return.

She wrapped her legs around his waist and jumped onto him, pulling off his shirt.

"I love you, Keh," Dre whispered ravenously.

He led them to her bedroom and one thing led to another, eventually allowing her sexual fantasies to spark to life.

What the hell am I doing?

☆☆☆☆☆

After their extemporaneous sex session, Kehlani needed answers.

Hell, she needed a damn drink.

"Dre, why did you come here?" She inquired.

He faced her and sighed. "My intention was to come here and talk it out, but as you can see, my dick did more talking than anything."

Your dick did more than just talk, Dre, Kehlani thought.

"Lani, you know me. I-"

"No, Dre. I don't know you. The Dre I thought I knew left that night."

"Can't we move on from that shit?!" He raised his voice.

"Dre," Kehlani stood. "I can't live with the fact that you cheated on me for three of the five years we we're together, impregnated the bitch you cheated on me with, and made a damn song about her! To make matters worse, you weren't even gon' tell me."

"Lani, please forgive me. I know I fucked up, believe me. I love you, and I know you still love me. You can't deny it."

"You know what, Dre? I do still love you. I never stopped. It's one thing to cheat on someone for a few months. But for three years? Dre, there's no making up for that."

"Lani, I didn't cheat on you."

Kehlani snorted and rolled her eyes. "Of course you'd say that."

From that point on, Kehlani had nothing more to say to him. She still couldn't believe she had sex with him.

"Kehlani, listen to me. Please."

"You know what? Enlighten me. Tell me how you didn't cheat on me."

Silence.

"You can let yourself out."

"Lani, I-"

"Leave. Now."

She swallowed the painful lump in her throat as she watched Dre leave her.

Again.