I'm a Wreck (Ch. 12)

A.N. There's a lot of time passing in this chapter, sorry!

Warning: Sadness and mentions of rape

Patrick's P.O.V.

I really felt bad for Pete. He'd basically had been raped, it wasn't fair. I'm not sure if Ashlee would even have custody of this baby anymore. But this started to give me inspiration.

Pete was gone, he went for a ride, this left me at peace. Time to finish up that song!

-x-

After hours of trying to get the song out, I had. It wasn't perfect, but I could always touch it up some other time.

But that's when the phone rang.

Pete's P.O.V.

I just left the house after eating with everyone. I couldn't stop itching my skin, it didn't feel real. Nothing did. I got someone pregnant, this was my fault. I just needed to be alone.

The car was calming, silent, and kept me at peace. Then the voices rang in my head.

"You fucking idiot. How could you do this to someone?"

"Who's the father?"

"You were asleep?"

Then everything went black.

I could hear, but it was all fuzzy. I couldn't make out a thing. I tried moving my hands, but I didn't feel them. But everything was gone in a second, I slowly drifted away.

Patrick's P.O.V.

I picked up the phone and heard a loud deep voice.

"You live with Mr. Peter Wentz, correct?"

"Y- yeah, what did he do?"

"He got in a fatal accident. Well, not so fatal since he is currently in Flight for Life, living, I believe. We're taking him to the nearest hospital. You're able to meet us there if you want."

I felt numb. Fatal? What the hell does that mean. He's living but...

I rushed out of the house. I wasn't even thinking at this point, I just raced to the hospital and made sure everything was alright.

But it wasn't.

-x-

Pete got out of surgery, few broken ribs, fractured skull, broken arm, and he's not waking up. His heart is fine, so he's not dead. They think that he'll be in a coma for a day at most. God, I hope they're right.

I called up the guys to let them know how Pete was and what had happened. I also called up Ashlee, but she wouldn't pick up. I sent her a text to let her know and she politely messaged back.

This was all my fault. I should have understood and helped him. He should have had rest, not a goddamn car accident. I just hope he'll get better soon.

-x-

It's been over 10 months. I've been grooming Pete's beard, just to make it the way he loved it. Scruffy enough to tickle me when we kissed, but not enough to make me not kiss him. God, I miss his laugh.

But today was the day. His heart was slowing down day by day. They think something happened to his brain that could kill him. We're planning on pulling the plug if he doesn't wake up.

He was brain dead. There was no use, he would never meet his baby boy. He'll never hear the lullaby I made for Bronx. Thats his name, little baby Bronx. He's been living with Joe and Andy while Ashlee goes slutting out and Pete's here. I haven't been able to take care of him lately.

I'm a wreck.

The only thing that kept me from crying was the one thing Pete loved the most.

Music.