Chapter 8 - The Biggest Fight of My Life- Hormones

• Dedicated to Alexandra Beyreis - Heim, who told me about Wattpad

Percy’s POV

Percy was sitting on the couch and Annabeth was using his lap as a pillow. They were watching some girly soap opera that Annabeth had convinced him to watch. The worst part was he was starting to like it. “William to her you love her before it’s too late!” Annabeth moaned. Percy grabbed the remote and turned it off. “Hey!”

“Can we please watch something else?”

“I need to watch this it’s calming me down for tomorrow”

“I’m sorry but I’m super tired and I don’t remember what’s going on tomorrow”

“The 2 month old appointment”

Percy stared at her for a moment then said “So you have an appointment on the solstice?”

“Yeah”

“The day where monsters usually try to kill us”

“Percy I have to go”

“Well you’re not going without me then”

“But it’s an all hero hospital. It’s where Piper went when she had Rosie!”

“Well we are not Piper and Jason”

“But – Fine! I’m – I’m not talking to you! I think. I don’t know!”

Annabeth got up and hurried into the bed room and broke out crying. Percy got a plate and poured some water into it. He tilted the plate so some light from a lamp reflected off of it. “Yo Fleecey do me a solid. Show me Grover Underwood” he put a drachma into the water and it disappeared. The smiling face of Grover appeared. When he saw Percy’s expression his smile faded. “What’s up man?”

“Annabeth’s hormones are all over the place, she’s confused with her own decisions, she’s mad at me but she’s not sure at the same time. Please help me I’m worried sick”

Grover stared at him for a moment then said “I’m not sure what to do. Nymphs don’t have regular pregnancy symptoms”

“What does that mean?”

“That she turns into tree without trying to”

Percy made a wincing sign and then Grover laughed and rubbed his nose. Then Annabeth came in and sat next to Percy and gave him a tackle hug. “I’m sorry. I – I – don’t know what happened! I’m so confused! It’s okay if you’re mad at me. I think. I don’t know!” Annabeth started to sob on my shoulder. Percy mouthed talk to you later and see what I mean? To Grover (Who made a stinger motion), and touched the water and he was gone.  “Annabeth calm down I’m not mad at you” Annabeth lifted up her head and sniffled “You – You aren’t mad at me? After all I said?”

“Annabeth that wasn’t you that was your hormones acting up again”

“Right. I think. I’ve never been unsure of a decision”

She buried her face in her palms and cried.

Annabeth’s POV

Percy took her hands from her face and then kissed her. Annabeth stopped crying and looked at Percy. “Annabeth I love you. This is not you at all this is hormones”

“Okay”

She smiled because that was the first decision tonight she had been sure with. “Let’s get you to bed before more crying starts” Percy said. Annabeth started to tear up and Percy put a finger on her lip. And slung Annabeth over his shoulder and carried her into their room. Annabeth was laughing screaming and kicking, which made her feel better. Then we decided it was time to go to bed but as soon as we were under the covers we sat up because an iris – message popped up in front of us. The image was one of the most unlikely things ever. Lily, sitting next to Leo with an engagement ring on her finger. “Hi Annabeth!” Lily said happily. Annabeth’s jaw dropped. She looked at Percy who said “ Can’t we go to bed in private for once?!” and pulled the blanket over his head, so he couldn’t be seen. And then came back up.  “are you two-“ Annabeth started and then Lily said “Getting married!” Lily squealed like it was the happiest day of her life.  I didn’t understand why she was happy getting married to Leo.  But hey! Girls have different tastes. Leo looked at us and then said, “We’ll call again later. Or at 1:00 in the morning. Bye!” Annabeth glared down at her stomach. Percy watched her do this. “What’s the matter?”

“Can I still go to the appointment?”

“Yes. But I’m going too”

“Okay”