[Chapter 14]

-
-

It turns out that Ray really didn't want to be leader. Like, at all. He instead passed off his leadership to Adam. Brandon wouldn't have an issue with this, however Adam had a grudge against Smiffy, and the two probably wouldn't work together well. Brandon was guarded by Ray instead, thankfully.

Brandon was still worried about Adam being a leader though... He knew for a fact that Smiffy didn't want Adam to be a leader, but Ian was friendly towards Adam. Smiffy had to be cautious with what he said, because he could be kicked off at any moment and replaced. The whole thing just made Brandon's head hurt. He shouldn't have killed Zek, but he had to. He needed to defend himself. If he didn't he'd be dead...

-
-

Later that day, there was a meeting held, and everyone had to attend, according to Adam. Once the remaining survivors had gathered, Adam spoke up.

"Now, I know we've let a few murderers slip by with a warning..." He began, and glared at Ross, Trott, and Brandon. "But it has been decided by me and Ian that that will no longer be allowed. Any murderers that have been caught will be punished."

"Punished?" Brandon spoke.

"Yes. Murderers will be punished and sentenced to death. We can't afford to let them live."

"That's fucking stupid!" Smiffy snarled. Adam glared at him.

"And why is that so?"

"What if it's in self-defense? Brandon had to kill Zek, otherwise he'd be dead."

"He should've simply not killed Zek, no matter the circumstance." Adam narrowed his eyes.

"What was I supposed to do? Just let him kill me?" Brandon asked. Adam shrugged.

"If that's what it takes, yes." Brandon felt furious. He was supposed to let someone kill him?! There was no way he could actually be serious about this.

"Anyways, I just wanted to let you know before you think of committing another murder. Meeting dismissed." Adam said. Brandon stood up and left, along with a few others. He wasn't the only one angry about this. Smiffy, Ant and Tiffany looked upset about it as well, along with Ray. As Brandon and Ray left the meeting, Ray spoke up.

"I'm sorry about that..." He sighed. Brandon looked at Ray, confused.

"What do you mean?"

"I should've taken responsibility as a leader... If I had just stayed one, then this wouldn't have happened."

"No... Ray, it's not your fault. You shouldn't feel pressured into becoming a leader. It's my fault, I should've tried taking my place back." Brandon replied. Ray shook his head and sighed.

-
-

The next day, Brandon went down with Ray for breakfast. The two sat down and began eating as soon as they had gotten their plates. Soon enough, Tiffany, Jason and Jerome had come down for breakfast as well, followed by Smiffy, Jordan, and Tom.

As soon as everyone was there, Brandon felt like something was off. He glanced around the room and noticed a few people were missing. Brandon tried figuring out who was absent from breakfast, and his eyes widened. Both Ant and Trott were missing. Brandon stood up and decided to check on them. Ray of course followed.

The two made their way upstairs and saw Ant's room first. His heart racing, Brandon opened the door, which had been unlocked. He flipped on the light switch and gasped. Ray's eyes widened and he looked as if he was about to throw up.

Ant's body was hanging from the ceiling fan. A tight rope had been around his neck, and his eyes were bulging. He stared blankly up at the ceiling.