Part 16

Hi, I've uploaded what I image Josh looking like but you can imagine him how you like. Hope it loads and hope you enjoy!

The whole car journey home I'm trembling. I pull up outside the Roscoe's Garage and run out. Still shaking, I barge inside and pull Josh's arm, but not the broken one I treated in A&E yesterday.
'What? What's the matter?' He asks worriedly.
'Tia,' I gulp. 'I saw her,'
.....................................
'And you're sure it was her?' He asks, pacing my flat, arms and hands behind his back.
'Yes. I think so. I don't know,' I say, biting my nails, sitting on the sofa.
'Ok, well we're calling the police,' Josh says and I nod in agreement.
'Why was you at work? You've got a broken arm,' I say despite the situation.
'Not relevant, Ash. I mean can't you take this seriously?! You've just said your seen my missing sister, something so so so so important to me - which you know - and you want to start lecturing me? Really Ash, are you even being serious? Or is this all some sick joke to you?'
'No! How could you think that of me! To make that up? That's sick! Last time you accused me of lying about something serious Josh, me and you ended up in a car crash, my leg got sliced open and a murderer was on the loose the whole time!' I shout.
'Alright! Alright, I'm sorry-' his cut off by me wincing. 'Chest pains?' He asks. I nod and he fetches me my meds. I swallow them and as soon as the pain numbs a little he says, 'That's why you shouldn't get so wound up,'he says like he didn't provoke me. I just grunt and pass him my mobile. 'Call the police,' I say.
........................
Half an hour later I end up in Dee Valley police station with Josh, getting ready to make a statement. I see Jason, who looks devastated still. I smile at him sympathetically and he perks up, trying to mask his upset over Robbie and Holly's affair.
'Ay, don't suppose you know who our Fred's going on a date with tonight do you? Saw yous taking earlier, just wondering if he mentioned it,' he says, trying to make conversation that doesn't revolve around me his wife and twin brother's affair.
'Not a clue,' I shrug, denying all knowledge in front is Josh.
Half an hour later, my statement is made and me and Josh walk out of Dee Valley. His really quiet.
'What's up?' I ask, pulling him to sit down on the bench with me outside the police station.
'It's just so weird. I miss Tia so much. And the last few days, me and you getting closer...' He looks into my eyes intensely.
'Josh...'
'It's like how we used to be...' He confesses.
'We can't get back together,' I say.
'But Ash...' He says and kisses me. I'm too stunned to push him away.
'We can't keep doing this,' I say and get up and walk away. However I stop halfway from walking away and say, 'We're over,'
..........................................
Back home, I get into comfy clothes and start crying. Seems dumb, I know, but everything's just so overwhelming. Wearing black tracksuit bottoms and a white vest top, I remember my date with Freddie. I text him and cancel, just saying something bad happened earlier. I'm not in the mood and keys not fair after the thing with Josh.
Josh texts me.
I'm sorry if I did the wrong thing earlier. I just miss you. Meet me tomorrow just to talk? Strictly mates only? Jx
I ignore him and put down my phone. However I almost instantly pick it back up when Freddie texts me back.
Hope you're not just blowing me off because you don't want to go on this date? Because I've already bought and large pizza and I'm on my way to yours now xx
'What?!' I exclaim to myself and jump up. I pull my hair out of the messy bun and put it into a high ponytail instead. I put on fluffy socks, and just as I'm hunting my make up bag, the doorbell goes.
'Shit,' I mumble under my breath and open the door to Freddie holding a very large pizza box.
'Hope you're hungry?' He says uncertainly. I nod and smile.
He comes in and we sit down.
'So, what happened...?' He asks nervously.
'Oh, you know Josh? His missing little sister? I thought I saw her at my uni,' I sigh. 'Had to make a police statement and all that,' I tell him. 'But don't tell anyone,'
'Ahh, hectic day. I've had plenty of them since our Rob got with Holly,' he says, opening the pizza box. I go to the kitchen to get tomato sauce but my flat is open planned so he can still see me.
'I saw Jase today,' I tell him.
'Where?' He asks.
'At the police station. Looked pretty devastated,' I sigh, tucking into a slice of cheese and tomato pizza, switching on the television and flicking through channels.
'Yeah, he is. I keep wondering how bad things must off been for Joe when I got with Lindsey,' he says.
'He must of felt pretty low...'
'Alright, Ash. Bit of moral support won't hurt,' he says half teasingly half serious. I shrug.
'Just being honest,' I say and then look at him and smile.
'Let's watch a film,' Freddie decides, taking the remote off me.
'What one? A horror?' I ask.
'Nah. I'd much rather a comedy,' he says.
'Wimp,' I tease and he starts tickling me on the sofa.
'Freddie, no - augh! - stop Freddie! Freddie, please,' I cry, laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. Freddie looks at me intensely. The same way as Josh early and I jump.
'Err, this film, then...' I say, unable to concentrate.
'Oh, Ash, I was going to ask you a massive favour actually...' He says.
'What is it?' I ask.
'Our Jason. His back on the steroids,' says.
'Steroids? Since when has he taken steroids?' I ask.
'Since he had an eating disorder. But look,' he says. 'He needs someone to keep an eye on him. Someone kind, caring...' He says, leaning closer to me. 'Someone in a medical profession,' he whispers and puts his hand in my leg. I start laughing.
'I should of known! This whole date business was so you could get me to help your brother! You should of just asked! Though I can't see why you didn't just ask Lindsey,' I shrug.
'No! No! You've got in wrong, Ash. I mean the idea just occurred to me...I feel guilty now. And as for the record I would of asked Lindsey but she's got enough going on, being pregnant and all,' he says. I shake my head.
'Nah. You're just using me,' I say, shaking my head.
'Ash Nevaeh...' He says, trying to be all serious. 'I promise you I'm not...' He says.
'Ok,' I agree. 'But if I find out you are...you're a dead boy,' I warn, half serious, half playfully.
'So...what are we?' Freddie asks. It's a valid question.
'Friends,' I say firmly. 'That are getting to know each other,' I say.
'Cool,' Freddie nods. 'Because I like you, Ash. I really do,' he says.
We end to watching two comedy movies and one episode of Eastenders before Freddie leaves. I soon get into pajaymas and go to sleep as well as taking my meds.
................................................
The next day I wake up and realise Freddie's left his hoodie. I make an extra effort with my appearance - I have enough time with no uni and no work - before I drop Freddie's hoodie back to his. If his brothers ask how it got into my possession, I'll just say I saw it in the village and recognised it as his.
Wearing black jeans with rips in the thighs and glossy black high heeled shoes and a white thick strapped vest top accompanied with a selection of silver chains and necklaces with a range of diamond rings to match. With a final fluff of my hair, I make my way.

When I get to the Roscoe's, I knock but no one answers. Then I realise the door is already open. I walk in...and then into the living room. The sofas accompanied with two half naked bodies.
Ellie and Freddie.