CHAPTER 2 - REUNITING WITH THE MCQUEENS

I enter the hospital that I'll soon be transferring to. I know I'm only a trainee doctor but with they must be desperately short staffed because they took me on in days. We approach a desk. 'Phoebe McQueen?' Ste asks at the desk.

'Are you a relative?' she asks, tapping her painted nails on the wooden desk.

'Yes,' I snap.

'Name?' She asks. Ste open's his mouth to talk but I jump in before him.

'You've got twenty seconds to show me where my little cousin is or I swear I will-'

'Ash!' Mercy shouts. She pulls me into a hug. I smile weakly at the faint smell of her perfume that's she's wore for years and years.

'Back from the dead?' I tease. She let's out a small noise that I guess is supposed to be laugh.

'I hope your not scared of ghosts,' she adds playfully.

'Ha-ha. Very funny. But seriously Mercy, do you know what we all went through? Every single one of us was scared out of our witts, just praying that you were out there somewhere. I mean, what was you-'

'Ash, let's not do this now,' she warns.

'Fine,' I answer. 'But I'm not letting this slip,'

Celine walks out and hugs me when she see's me. We say our 'hello's' and 'how are you's?' before moving on to the elephant in the room.

'Right,' I say, upgrading from soppy, scared waterfall to top-knotch kiss ass girl. 'Where's John Paul? And more to the point, where's my Phoebe?' I ask strongly.

'John Paul's out picking us up some lunch with Lockie, Porsche's husband,' Celine tells me. Ste just stands uncomfortably.

'Do you want to ring him and ask him to pick you up something now that you're here?' Celine offers. I smile at her kindness.

'No thanks, Celine. Anyway, I'm a veggie, remember? John Paul's probably getting fish and chips, and I can't eat that,' I remind her.

'Not even the chips?' Mercy jokes.

'Not if they're cooked in the same oil as the fish,' I whip seriously. Mercy rolls her eyes.

'Well if you do change your mind, let us know. John Paul's gone to the Hutch anyway, and they have vegetarian option anyway, I'm sure,' Merch says.

'The Hutch?' I asks slowly. Her and Celine nods.

'Oh God,' I groan. 'I heard there was a fight there,'

Mercedes and Celine look at each toehr before bursting out laughing.

'What funny?!' I ask, panic written right the way across my face.

'John Paul? In a fight? Yeah right! Of course it wasn't him!' Celine says.

'You never know,' I say darkly. Just then the very man himself comes trotting in, along with Lockie, who I've only met once.

'Ash!' John Paul shouts and attacks me into a bearhug.

'Hey,' I say, removing his arms from around me and holding him at arms length. I smile at him before notice a purple bruise forming on his cheekbone. 'What happened?' I ask, tracing it with my finger. I stop when he winces.

'I fell over,' he lies.

'Who did you fight with?' I ask.

'What?' he asks.

'I already know there was a fight at the Hunch-'

'Hutch,' Ste corrects me from the background.