eleven

a/n: kinda a long chapter.

"do you mind if taehyung tags along?"

i don't say anything and just ignore him. he catches on.

"you weren't actually fucking him, right? i was always kidding when i said that. you two just have weird chemistry," he says.

"no! it's okay. he can come if he wants."

"cool. he's not going to see the movie with us, he's just going to walk around the mall with us."

i quietly sigh out of relief. so taehyung is only going to spend about an hour with us. i check the time and see that it's only 4:00. jungkook must of picked me up early so we would have time with taehyung.

wait. oh shit. the sweater. what am i going to say?

"woah minji, stop walking. are you okay? you look really pale," jungkook says and crouches down to study my face.

"yeah yeah i'm fine. just a bit hungry," i say and give him a weak smile.

we continue walking side by side until he asks me a very touchy question.

"where's your parents? i never see them around."

"oh they work in australia for a company. sometimes they come home during the holidays but they don't really stay for long. it's okay though, i was never really close with them. they just left again a few days. they stayed with me for 2 months, the longest they've ever stayed with me."

he nods his head understandingly.

"what about brothers and sisters?"

"nope. only child."

"how do you look after yourself?"

"i've always looked after myself since i was a child. my parents were never really around. i had babysitters but they were always shit," i explain.

after i say everything, jungkook takes me by surprise and hugs me.

"jungkook? what are you doing?"

"i'm sorry for being an asshole to you."

i hug him back. "it's okay. i'm sorry for being a bitch to you too."

we let go of each other and continue walking to the train station.

-

once we arrived at the mall, we were sitting down and waiting for taehyung to arrive. i nervously played with the sleeves of the sweater. jungkook gives me a quick pat on the back.

"don't be nervous, you guys will get along just fine."

if only he knew.

when i see taehyung walk towards us, i keep my head hung low.

i quickly recollect myself and give taehyung a small wave. once he sees what i'm wearing, all he does is smirk at me.

-

"minji!" i hear jungkook call. they were already walking and i didn't even notice.

i quickly walk over to them and walk in the middle of the both of them yet i still feel like i'm third wheeling. because they're so freakishly taller than me, i feel as though they can't even see me. i look up at both them chatting to each other happily. fuck them then.

"minji, where do you wanna go eat?" jungkook asks and slings his arm around my shoulder.

"you guys choose. i don't eat anything before i see a movie otherwise i'll be too full for popcorn."

they both chuckle and decide to have an ice cream. as they were enjoying their ice cream, i told them i was quickly going to the bathroom.

-

when i stepped out of the bathroom, i saw taehyung standing there as if he was waiting for me.

"hey minji," he says and gives me a genuine smile.

"oh. hey taehyung."

"i see you and jungkook are quite close," he says, striking up a conversation with me.

"i don't know. we just started talking not long ago."

"he loves you."

"what?"

"jungkook loves you. i can tell. he doesn't know it yet but he loves you."

i scoff and start walking back to jungkook.

"and i know you love him too!"

i turn to face him again.

"and how would you know, kim taehyung?"

"because when have you ever agreed to go out with a boy? you liked me but you never agreed to go out with me. it's because you're falling for jungkook without even knowing it. you don't just like him, you love him. you just don't know it yet."

and with that, he left me stunned. he walked straight past me but before i could let him turn the corner, i shouted something at him.

"well excuse me mr love doctor! we'll see about that."

taehyung turned around and gave me the thumbs up. "treat him well, jung minji! have fun on your movie date. oh and i want my sweater back!"

i blush and walk back very slowly to jungkook.

"taehyung left. let's get to the movie now."

"okay."

a/n: and happy happy birthday to my baby kim minseok!