Chapter Two

Nicole Marie POV:

I woke up to a soft hand behind my head and another around my waist.

My eyes were still closed but I whispered, "What happened?! Where am I?!" A shiver went down my back. I was freezing.

"Shhh...shh. Don't talk, just open your eyes," said the most beautiful, deep voice I've ever heard- although I have never heard it before I wasn't frightened.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw an angel. Honestly I don't know if it was an angel but he was beautiful. He had sandy hair that had a little brown in it and it was just barely curly but still perfect and he had sea green eyes with blue on the edges and gold specks in them.

His face was the perfect shape so without thinking I lifted my hand up to his face and felt his smooth face. I traced his whole face until I got to his lips where I felt a smile.

At that point I realized how stupid I probably looked. I had never even met the guy or knew his name and I was feeling all over his face. I'm such a freak sometimes you know.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. I'm such a freak. I'm so sorry. You probably think I'm weird. Sorry. Umm, where am I...and who are you...?" I asked while I jerked my hand away from his face but kept looking at his lips.

He spoke again and his voice made a freaking zoo in my stomach. "Hello, I'm Derrick. And you are in the park. I was going on my nightly jog when I saw you pass out, so I came to help you. It's almost 9:30. Do you need some help or want to talk or anything...?"

He looked concerned as I started to remember this dreadful night. I closed my eyes as tears started to form. I sat up to where Derrick couldn't see me and he moved his hands which suddenly made me colder. My hair covered my face as I started to cry.

I must've been loud or something because Derrick picked me up and moved me out of the path and under the tree and then held me while I cried and rubbed my back.

Now I know what you are thinking "why is she letting some stranger hold her and do this. She cray-cray" I get it. But I'm really upset. My boyfriend for four years who was also my lifelong best friend just cheated on me. At that point I was so hurt, a hobo could've comforted me.

I just kept crying and crying in his shoulder till I finally stopped and sat up. I wiped my eyes but didn't look at him even though I could feel his eyes burning in my skull.

I started to get up and walk off even though I didn't want to at all because it was rude and I wanted to stay with him because he looked my age and I wanted to know if he was going to my school but I had to get away.

I took five steps and then started to fall again but must have been right behind me because he caught me so gently and smoothly, it felt so good.

"Look...wait I don't know your name."

"It's Nicole Marie and I'm fine." I said while trying to get free and go but he disobeyed me and held tight but not tight enough to hurt.

"That's a pretty name," he said smiling and his pretty eyes just sparkled. "Anyways, look, I know we barley know each other Nicole but I know right now you need someone to get you home. My truck is right over there, ill take you home safely. Okay?"

He was taller than me since I was only 5'2 and so I could look up at him. For a minute we just looked at each other and I was debating on letting him take me home. I didn't really want to go home because I wanted to stay away but I doubt he would let me alone.

"Fine you can take me home but I'm leaving as soon as you do because I don't want to stay there and I'm just going to go get some ice cream or something. I just can't go home right now."

He thought for a second and then replied, "We'll I guess we are going to get ice cream and then I will take you home."

And without even letting me respond he picked me up and took me to his truck. I didn't fight him though. I was exhausted and cold from crying. So I let him take me to his truck.