Chapter Eight

NICOLE MARIE POV:

"JAMES!"

"JAMES!" I finally pulled him offer of Derrick and I turned to see Evy with her hands covering her mouth at Derricks car.

I couldn't take it. I broke down. I just started crying and fell to the ground.

Evy ran to me. The boys were still getting over what had happened but Derrick was at my side first.

"Nicole are you-"

"DONT YOU SAY A WORD TO HER." James screamed.

"ENOUGH JAMES. Can you not see she's broken?! Go James," Evy said in the same voice of the night she found out I cut but then I looked up at her. She was staring down at me, tears falling down her face, she wrapped her arms around me then said, "come on Nicky. Let's go. We can go to your house or my house. I'm not leaving your side"

James stepped forward. "I'm not eith-"

"Yes you are, James. Leave now. If Nicole wants to talk to you she will call you but she's MY BEST FRIEND and I will take care of her. Goodbye."

He looked beat. He just stood there then finally his hands dropped to his side and he hung his head then turned around and went to his car. He got in and started it and then he looked at us one more time and drove off reluctantly.

EVANGELIES POV:

I took a deep breath as James left and I heard Nicky take one too. Then all of a sudden,I wasn't hugging Nicky anymore.

She had stood up and started walking. This strange boy following her.

"Where are you going?" He called.

I ran to Nicky.

"Evy, I have to go. I have to just go," she said in a tired voice.

"No, what you need is sleep." The boy said. He had come up and looked concerned.

The next thing he did was so shocking to me, he picked up Nicky like a princess/bride and she wrapped her arms around him and he started carrying her towards a truck.

I followed without question. I mean Nicky had been making out with him so she must trust him. He took her all the way to the truck and put her in where she layed down. he have her a jacket to use as a pillow and put a blanket on her then shut the door and looked at me.

"Okay, it's not what it seems," he started. Looking me dead in the eyes. "But I just need to know one thing."

"Do you trust me?"

A simple question with a thousand answers.