Chapter Six

A/N:

Okay so I haven't updated in like 2 or 3 weeks because I wanted to wait until I got 20 votes but I only have like 8. But I have over 180 reads so I will update but please tell your friends and post on Instagram and give feedback please! ILYSM.

James POV:

On my way to get Evangelie I stopped at the park to see if I could find Nic.

I couldn't.

So I got in my jeep and started to head off and an old truck pulled up behind me.

Derricks POV:

I looked at her intently as she was so strong to tell me what had happened.

"About the end of march and beginning of april I started to cut. See everyone thinks my life is perfect but it's not. I mean I'm not complaining but I have a lot of pressure and stress on me. I have an two older siblings. A brother and a sister, Mark and Sarah. They are my mom and dads kids and I'm the baby and then my parents got a divorce and my mom got remarried and had twins about a year and a half ago. My older brother, Mark graduated two years ago and my sister, Sarah graduated a year ago. Ever since they graduated and left I've had the responsibility of chores and babysitting. It's tough but I do it for mom. She needs me. Then I have to keep good grades and stay in shape for cheer to keep my scholarship. It's all a lot of work and pressure on me."

I nodded, letting her go on. She took a deep breath and continued.

"Also...I have a boyfriend..." my heart sank so far. "Or did or I don't know."

I looked at her super confused but she kept going.

"See, we've known each other since we were two. And we've grown up beside each other. Best friends. Literally. Anyways, we've been dating since freshman year and we had our whole future planned out. I love him a lot. But..."

"But what?" I tried not to pry but this boy needed tah know.

"But he is so much to deal with. Like he was so controlling, protective and always jealous. I could barely breath. Plus he wanted me to do everything with him and just drop everything on my schedule and be with him. It was exhausting."

I thought for a second when she finished that. "Nicole-Marie, you can't really blame him. I mean you are beautiful and I'm guessing you are really athletic and I bet a lot of boys like you and he doesn't want to lose you. You are probably special to him."

" I get that. But why should he make me leave all of my best guy friends and not let me talk to any guy. He polices my phone. And is with me 24/7 to make sure I don't talk to other guys. He even started to make it to where I could barely hangout with my best friend Evy."

"Is this what made you cut?"

"All the pressure finally broke me."

"Have you told anyone?"

"No. Evy found out though," she hesitated but went on. "James was at a football or soccer camp or something and I spent like the whole week with her and she found out. She swore she would never tell anyone if I swore to stop..."

When she didn't finish, I did it for her. "But you didn't."

She shook her head and looked out the window. "No I stopped for about a month. But then school ended and it seemed even more pressure was on. But no one noticed them. I hid them well I guess. And I stopped eating then. Which Evy found out about but wast crazy. It was bad. I just couldn't take it. All this pressure has killed me."

"I'm so sorry."

"And tonight, I found James making out with another girl and that's why I was running."

I couldn't believe it. How could someone hurt her? I mean she didn't cry when she told the story but I know she is hurt. It just doesn't make sense. How could someone so stupid hurt someone else whose so perfect?

I got out of the car and went over to her side and opened the door. I grabbed her and led her to the swing set.

I set her down and then I pushed her and let her just swing.

I knew she was happy because she was smiling and her beautiful blue eyes were actually sparkling.