Chapter 5 ~ Juliet

Chapter 5 ~ Juliet

"I've come to the conclusion that we're all lost, a little bit confused and a little bit delirious. We're all a mess under the bed, hidden from those who enter the room of our minds. But if you're lucky enough to find a goal, a destiny, you'll find more of yourself than you ever knew was there."

My mom told me that back when I was young and still didn't understand what it meant. But now I do, and I sometimes wish I didn't.

My body stung with cuts and shook in shock as I listened to my boss ramble drunken thoughts. He seemed oblivious to the fact that I was even here anymore, which I could use to my advantage to get the heck out of here.

I moved my hand to attempt standing up from my curled up form on the floor, but I just fell limp to the shock flowing through my veins. Crap.

"What happened here?"

I instantly paled when I heard Harry's voice break the silence in the wrecked room. He needed to leave before something happened to him, before the boss woke from his oblivious state.

Harry's eyes fell on me and he almost took a step towards me, but I frantically put up my hand and mouthed 'stop' to him. Thankfully, he took my advice and stopped in his tracks.

The boss deliriously walked over to the bar and sat down, barking out for someone to get him a drink. Not even ten seconds passed before he collapsed on the stool. I broke down. I just broke down.

Harry eagerly ran towards me, pushing broken bottles and chairs out of the way. I cried even harder when he pulled me out of my fatal position.

"Shh, Julie come here. It's okay, it's okay." He silently spoke to me while rubbing the back of my head.

I couldn't speak, my body wouldn't let me, so I just laid against Harry and cried.

"Let's get you out of here, come on." Harry calmly stated, even though I could tell he was a wreck on the inside. He lifted me out of the corner and into his arms bridal style.

I stayed completely still as the dimpled boy carried me through each dark, cluttered room. As we exited the building, a feeling of anxiety flooded my body, as the fact that everything actually happened officially hit me.

Harry sensed my fear and quickened his pace towards a car that I assumed was his. He gently sat me down in the passenger seat and buckled me in. I stayed zoned out as he shut the door and met me once more on the driver's side.

<~>

I was currently sitting, draped in a fluffy blanket on his two-person bed.

Harry entered the room, with a cup of tea and what looked like a first aid kit in his hands.

"I'm back love." He stated calmly, while sitting down next to me.

The lad handed me the mug and then started to work on the many cuts covering my flesh. Credit to alcohol bottles.

"Who was that guy?" Harry mumbled very quietly, as if he was contemplating whether to voice his thoughts or not.

"His name is Levi. He's the man who runs the bar and ruined my life. That's pretty much his biography." I finally said, slowly coming out of the shocked state.

Harry jerked slightly, making me wince due to the sensitivity of my skin.

"Sorry Juliet, I just didn't quite expect you to reply so soon. You seemed pretty damaged, I didn't want to pry." He said apologetically.

Mentally and physically, I thought but didn't say anything.

"Why did you even start working for a man like that?" Harry wondered, finally coming out with his confusion and curiosity.

I sighed, here we go. Might as well tell someone.

"My plan wasn't to find work at a bar, or any place revolting for that matter. I went out one night, in search of applying at a diner that I saw was hiring recently. I was nearly a block or so away, when all of a sudden I felt someone grab my arm. I gasped and told the figure to let go of me. He chuckled and stated that I was just the kind of person he was looking for and asked me if I wanted a job. I responded that I was indeed searching for work, but definitely not wherever he came from. He laughed even harder this time, and then drug me into the place that I currently despise. Red Rose Bar was his business, that he needed more employees for. Unsure and uncomfortable, I tried to get away but he forced a contract in my hands. Long story short, I ended up working for a controlling, insane man that only worries about himself and wants to ruin people's lives. I don't honestly know how I'm going to survive six more months there. It's been two years." I trailed off, finishing my explanation.

All of a sudden, I heard Harry growl. "You worked for that bastard for two years?" His eyes were narrowed and his fists were clenched.

"Yeah, I did. Thank God my friend Westley works there now, so it's not as bad as it could be. But he wasn't called in today, when I really needed him most. So, thanks superstar. I didn't know you'd do this for me after all I did to you." I said with a smirk.

Harry grinned and put another bandage over several cuts on my right arm. "You're welcome Julie. And hey, I know what you're going through. Don't let it get the best of you, you'll make it out alive."

My smirk grew, noting his use of the same lyrics I suggested to him just days ago.

"Who's that!?"

Harry and I spun around suddenly, meeting the eyes of another young man who stood in the doorway.

"Lou!" Harry exclaimed.

<~>

Hey guys! I'm actually really proud of myself for getting another chapter written so close to the last update xD *imaginary applause* Anyway, I recently decided that I do really want to finish this story and my heart goes out to anyone who reads this. Even if you just read one paragraph, you're taking time to look at my writing and that means a lot to me. So thanks a bunch to you guys! Love you,

Ann, xx