Back Together

"And they tell me to get to the rainbow
I'll suffer the rain
But right now my life is a hurricane
I've weathered the weather
Fought through the story
Just to ask for a heart that don't beat anymore for me
You're my storm on the sea."

"Turn the frickin alarm off!" Alex yelled.

"Sorry!" I yelled back, rolling out of the bed and grabbing my phone. I turned the alarm off and sat back on my ankles. I noticed something blue under the edge of the bed. I pulled it out and giggled. "Hey Babe. I found your shirt." I said, tossing it at him. He chuckled and sat up. "Time to get dressed~!" I sang, jumping up and running to my closet. I pulled out my Unicorn shirt, a pair of distressed denim jeans and my black strappy sandals. I then went to my jewelry box and got out my arrow necklace that had an 'S' charm on it and my black wing ring. I sprayed on my perfume and turned to Alex. He was just sitting on our bed, shirtless, staring at me. My cheeks immediately turned a dark red.

"Don't stare." I mumbled.

"Sorry. It's just been so long since I could." He said, grinning at me. I returned the grin and turned to look in the mirror one last time. I braided my hair from the left front to the right back before Alex appeared behind me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and laid his head on my shoulder. I smiled again and gently laid my head on top of his. We stood that way for quite some time until my phone rang. We broke apart as I grabbed it off the dresser. 

"Hello from the other siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide~" I sang as I answered. 

"Hey, could you stop and get some donuts on your way?" My brother, Derek, asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah. Sure." I told him.

"Thanks! I love you Sammy!"

"Love you too DeeDee!" I hung up and turn to Alex. His arms immediately circled my waist and he pulled me into his chest. I inhaled and grinned.

"We should probably go to work." Alex muttered. I just sighed and nodded. We pulled apart and I grabbed a jacket as we left.

****

Alex and I walked into Seattle Grace Hospital, our intertwined hands swinging between us. We got to the elevators when we had to part ways.  Since I had already been overseas and worked as a trauma surgeon for so long, I was allowed to go ahead and pick my specialty.

Everyone else in my year still had to do rounds. 

"So, I'll be in the ER all day. You get to go and babysit all day." I teased, pecking his lips gently. 

"Woah, woah. You still have to babysit too." He reminded me, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, but I get to babysit the big kids. You get to babysit the newbies." I smirked. He groaned, rubbing a hand down his face. 

"Shut up and kiss me." He muttered pulling me closer. I giggled but quickly kissed him. I pulled back as he groaned again. "What kinda kiss was that?"

"The kind that her brother approves of. Get upstairs Karev." Derek said as he walked by and grabbed my arm, pulling me away. I chuckled and blew Alex a kiss as he stood, jaw dropped, in front of the elevator. 

 I turned to face forward as I walked beside Derek. "Whatcha need, Big Bro?" I asked him. He just looked down at me and smiled.

"First, you need to get changed. Then I need your help."

****

"Derek! These are attending scrubs!" I exclaimed, throwing the dark blue outfit back at him. 

"Put them on!" He yelled, throwing them back.

"Der! I'm not an attending!" 

"That's not what Webber thinks! Just put them on and let's go!" He said, picking me up and throwing me into the bathroom. I stood, jaw dropped, staring at him. "Do I need to dress you like a toddler again? Or can you do it?" Derek smirked. I huffed and crossed my arms, kicking the door shut. I quickly changed and walked out. 

"Now what's so urgent?" I asked.

"First, there's someone you need to see." He said nervously. 

****

"What the hell are you doing here?!" 

"My job! What are you doing here?!" "

"My  job!" I yelled, exasperated. I now turned my anger to my brother. "Why didn't you tell me he was here?!" 

"I-I...er..um...I love you?" Derek stuttered, hands up in surrender as he slowly backed up.

"Sam, I-"

"No! Mark Everett Sloan, don't you dare speak to me. You cheated on me with my sister-in-law. For God only knows how long. You left me for her. I loved you with everything I had. I abandoned all my morals for you. Everyone told me you were no good but nope! I loved you so I stayed. I ignored my own flesh and blood for you. I pretended not to see the signs. I said yes. I gave you all of me. And you broke me."

"Sammy, I'm...I didn't mean to....I'm sorry..."

"You should be. You lost the best thing you ever had and you'll never get me back." 

__________________________________

Sorry for the long wait. Very long. And the multiple skips. But hey! Drama! And a little look into SaMaNtHaS pAsT!!!!1!1!!!1!1!