Chapter 1- Entering College

I will be updating twice a day!!! Or even more (if that's even possible for a couch potato like me). This is a longer version than the one before. It just made me cringed. And also, I'm sorry if my school stuff in this book is wrong... I have no idea how College works.

Most probably there would be awful grammars, run-on sentences and lack of uhh description of events?

And you must have notice that the book's name is 'Win My Heart' now instead of 'The Chosen Love'... Before I thought I should change the title. But now, I think it was a mistake so I'm bringing it back to 'The Chosen Love'. However, I have troubles in changing the title and the book cover so just stick to this one for a while.

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

  "Bye Mom!" I say with a smile. I run towards my car where my dad is waiting for me. 

 "Have fun in school honey!" I hear my mom yell from the house as we back out from the driveway.

 I wave back at her until I couldn't see her anymore.

 I roll up the car window and lean back on my seat with a wistful sigh, thinking about what lies ahead in college. 

 To me, it seems very depressing when you think about the fact that you'd be alone with strangers and without your parents. It'll be difficult as well, since the only person you can depend on at first is yourself. 

 "Are you excited?" My dad asks, jolting me out of my thoughts.

I sigh, looking out the window. "I'm not sure... Does being nervous count?" 

He chuckled at my response. "It's okay, honey. Trust me! It's going to be fun in college," My dad says with an encouraging tone. "Just relax! It'll be all right." 

 His encouraging words boosted my spirits, but only slightly. I was still very nervous. 

 "Thanks for the motivation, dad, but it's not working," I say quietly. I give him a small smile before I look back out the window. 

The car went silent after that, and it lasted for a while. Negative thoughts danced around my head, making me worry for the things to come. Minutes later, I could see the silhouette of a large building from afar. I realized that it was my school, New High. The sheer size of it made me extremely antsy. Scared. I was never a fan of big things at all in my life. 

 "Dad," I say. I look at him for a second before I avert my eyes. "I'm scared." 

 He rolls his eyes and turns to face me. "It's normal. I'm pretty sure everyone feels this way on the first day of college," He says, "Or maybe it's your phobia." He jokingly adds. 

 "But dad, this isn't just about school," I say, "I'm also going to be starting a new life." I give him a small pout, "And maybe it's coming from the phobia side a little..."

"With whatever you go through, your mom and I will always be there for you, even if you don't see us as often," He says, stopping the car. 

His lips tug up into a small smile as he fishes for something in his pocket. He gets my hand and he places something cold in my hand. It was a necklace with a heart on it. The heart was shining brightly, mirroring the bright shine in my dad's eyes. The locket made me feel safe and comforted, since I knew that there would be something to remind me of my parents. 

 "Oh my gosh..." I say softly. "Thank you, dad." I start to feel my eyes tear up. 

 When my dad holds up my chin to face him, a tear slips down my cheek. "Vanessa, promise me two things, will ya?"