Chapter 14- Valentine's Day Part 1: Preparation

Vanessa's POV

And that's about it. Mark and I have been avoiding each other ever since. We never made contact and we never spoke to each other. It's like, we were strangers. And I'm happy about that. Ever since that day, Kyla and I were the only people who sat there on the table. It has also been quiet, not much happened. Whenever Kyla brings up Mark, I would ignore her.

Until this day.

"Vanessa, where's Mark?" She asked me, in a tone of worry, "Did something happen to him?"

I stared at my food, ignoring her. I was playing my food with my spoon since I had no appetite to eat.

"If you are just going to ignore me then what's the point of eating with you then?" She held her tray and I looked at her, she stood up. But I stopped her.

"Kyla, wait." I held her wrists and she faced me, "I'll tell you."

She smirked and sat down, "So, what happened to him?"

I bit my lip closing my eyes. I teared up a bit, remembering the awful truths I heard.

"Va- Vanessa, are you ok?" She held my hands and I started sobbing, "It's ok if you won't tell me--"

"No, you need to know." I wiped my tears away and breathed in heavily, "It was a few weeks ago... when Alex apologized to me."

"Oh, yeah that day." She bit her lip and looked down. Something wrong?

"I followed Mark that day, and saw him. I asked him about him and Lisa. Then he- he..." I stopped for a bit and thought of all the things he said to me, "He used Lisa... He used Lisa to make me jealous!" I tapped hardly on the table with my finger, "He liked me, but when Lisa and him hanged out, he started liking her more than me! And I hope he never met her so that we can just be friends again and not---" I started crying and sobbing, sniffing all the time, shaking my head.

Kyla sat beside me and stroked my hair. She hugged me and I hugged her, letting my tears fall on her shirt.

"I get it, Vanessa, I get it. No need to tell me." She said on my ears while stroking my hair, "There there." She continued caressing my hair and hugging me.

Mark, please come back to me.

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

A few weeks later...

Lisa's POV

"Finally, it is one of the most awaited day in the school of New High... Valentine's Day. Students in New High considers Valentine's Day their Second Independence day. You know why? Of course, they get to be with the people they love," Our adviser smirks at us as the class laughs, "Anyway, in 15 minutes, we will be moving out to go to the place. Questions?"

The class went silent for a while.

"Miss?" We all looked at the direction of a voice who was politely raising her hand.

"Yes, Jessica?" We looked at our adviser then we looked at Jessica again.

"What place are you exactly talking about?" She said in a clear voice then the class started murmuring stuff.

We all turned to our adviser again who was grinning.

"I should probably leave that to you, students, and find out by your own." She smirks and the class started filling the room with murmurs.