Chapter 27: Happiness At The End

Ok ok so--- (read till the end ;D)

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o 

Lisa's POV

I try to increase my pace to catch up with Mark but fails. He suddenly turns to a corner but straight ahead are the dorms. Should I follow him? It would be rude to leave him, I turned to the corner. I stopped when I didn't see him.

"Mark, where are you?" I ask, echoing the whole room. The lights were barely on which frightened me, "Don't leave me here, Mark where a-are you?"

It was very cold. Only my hands that were on my arms, rubbing it was the only heat giving me. I looked around at the empty and a bit dark hallway. It was familiar. I walk forward, only hoping that I might see Mark around. When I make one step, all lights were out.

"HELP SOMEONE!" I scream, closing my eyes, "HELP!!!" I scream as loud as I can.

The lights suddenly comes open and I could clearly see Mark right in front of me, holding something.

His hands also covered his ears, "I can't do the prank when you scream that loud!" He complains and I give him a glare.

"So you mean you close the lights and even made me think I was alone or you abandoned me?!" I yell at him and he shrinks. He opens his mouth but I halt him, "Don't ever leave me again!"

A smile forms on his face, "Whenever I'm by your side then you won't be scared?" He says and my eyes widen.

"I just need someone to be with me, don't get me wrong." I roll my eyes and look away, 

"Remember this?" He swayed his hand to the hallway. I smiled.

"It's where we first met." The smile on his face grows bigger, these memories, "What's that you got there anyways?" I refer to the stuff he is holding at his back.

He doesn't reply, instead he puts it in front of me so that I could see it. This is too cliche. A box of chocolates and a medium sized teddy bear. I raise my eyebrow at him with a grin while he scratches the back of his neck.

"Can you tell me how many times have you given like these to me?" I laugh and he bites his lips, "You're so sweet aren't you?" I walk up to him and grab the gifts, "Thank you."

"I have to show you one more thing." He holds my hand and he looks at me first, "Are you OK if it's too typical by the way?"

I raise my eyebrow. Before I can even say my answer, he pulls me.

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

We ended up outside the school. My eyes widened when I notice this. I yank off his hand before he can even pull me more.

"We are outside the school!" I tell him, pointing at the building, which i mean school, behind me. 

The gates stood tall. The main building for college just peeking above it. I stare at it amused at first but look at Mark furiously again.

He gives me a smile and my jaw drops at this, "Come on, we'll be late for the surprise." He winks as he holds my hand.

"What surprise---" He pulls me again.

On the run, I stumble but I maintain my balance, which was pretty hard for me to keep up. I look around only to see darkness, the lampposts shining their bottom which was pretty far from us. I look back at Mark again and from the distance, I could see nothing. My toes in my shoes presses something hard which causes me to stumble and fall. We stop running when my knees fall to the ground making a really big scratch.