An Unforgivable Wish 10

It's not over yet:)

____               

Richard sat with his face in his hands. It had been three days and every time Kevin came into the door, he would bring disappointment. It seemed that Lucas Jones was a hard person to find.

               “I just don’t know where to look anymore!” Kevin exclaimed on the last day before they had to let Stark go, “I’ve searched practically everywhere. I even went to the school, but they said he pulled out! Where could he possibly be?”

               Richard took a deep breath and shook his head, “I don’t know, but I think we should just give up, I mean, what if it doesn’t work anyways? All of our time would have been wasted,” Kevin trailed off sadly, while staring at the floor.

               Kevin clenched his hands into fists and dashed towards Richard. Grabbing onto his collar, Kevin slammed Richard against the wall, “So now you want to give up on him, eh? You want to take away something as beautiful as Stark? How dare you!”

               Kevin growled into Richard’s pain ridden face, “Finding Lucas could save his life, maybe it won’t work, but it’s a chance. How would you feel to know that the man you cared for died, but his friends didn’t even try to find you?”

               “I just don’t want to have false hope,” Richard sniffed, tears trailing down his face. Kevin’s face softened and he leaned his forehead against the younger man’s.

               “I know, but false hope is better than nothing,” Richard’s face scrunched up as sobs started to escape his mouth.

               “I feel so bad for Lucas, to never know that your lover was dying?” Richard breathed out.

               Kevin sighed and let go of Richard, but wrapped his arms around the smaller man’s shoulders. “I know, I know.”

____

               It was the day, the day that they were going to lose Stark forever.

               A small crowd gathered around him as they said their last goodbyes. A couple of old age, one stony woman, three friends, and one person whom none of them knew.

               “I love you baby, please reserve me a spot when you reach heaven,” The old woman, Gloria, whispered in Stark’s ear. She paused as though waiting for a response, anything at all, but all she got back was the chilling sense of dread.

               “You were a great impromptu son,” Gloria’s husband, Leroy, placed a warm hand on Stark’s cold body. His eyes never filled with tears, but that was no surprise, the old man was strong and never broke down, at least not in front of anyone.

               “Bye,” the lone woman, Gracie Stark, bit out. Trying not to let the overwhelming amount of tears to spill, she turned swiftly away from the bed that held her only son, and slammed the door behind her, losing the only person that she had left.

               “Why that little bitch,” Leroy growled and started making his way towards the door, but his wife stopped him. With a reprimanding look, she calmly walked out of the room and went searching for the distressed mother.

               Richard stepped forward, but dipped backward with the force of his emotions. Kevin caught him and grabbed him by the waist, “I’ll go up with you,” he whispered into the man’s ear.