R

I gazed at the water in front of me, the birds chirping around me.

A smile spread over my face as I lay on the grass, dipping my feet in to the cold water of the river.

"Hey Tori!" I heard a voice laugh.

I turned slightly, seeing a boy I know from school as Harry walk towards me.

"Hi Harry." I smiled as he sat next to me, picking grass from the ground.

"Nice place you found. Very peaceful." I nod at his remark, moving my feet from the water, pulling my legs up towards my body.

"So, why are you out here?" He asks, glancing at me.

I shrug, "Why not? It's quite here. I needed to get away."

He nods, "So did I. Don't know how I ended up here though."

We sit in silence for a while, before he stands up.

"Well, nice to see you Tori. I'll see you in class on Monday." He nods towards me, walking back the way he came.

I simply wave goodbye before turning my attention to the scene in front of me.

I watched as the sun slowly set, the sky going black, the moon and stars the only thing illuminating the night sky.

I pull my shoes on, gathering my phone and jacket, before leaving the river and walking back towards my house.

>><<

"Where the hell have you been?" A yell echoes around the room as I step in to the house.

"The river." I reply simply, taking my shoes off and leaving them in the hall, walking in to the living room.

"The bloody river again? What is your obsession with it?" My father asks, sitting in a chair.

"It reminds me of her." My voice is flat as I stare at the floor, waiting for a reaction from him.

My dad sighs, shaking his head, "I don't want to hear it Toronto. Go to your room. I don't want to talk about her again, and you know that."

"We can't just ignore the fact she's gone, dad. You have to accept it at some point." I point out, my voice quiet.

"Today is not the day I want to talk about her. Now, go to your room Toronto, but don't wake Mason. He's asleep."

I nod, going up to the small room I sleep in.

A smile forms on my face as I pick up the picture on my desk.

"I miss you." I sigh, tears rolling down my cheeks, "I miss you a lot."