V

"So, for your projects you will be working in pairs of my choosing. Amelia, you're with Simon. Laura and JJ. Toronto and Harry." The teacher reads out pairs, everyone glancing around the room trying to seek out their partner.

Harry smiles at me, gesturing for me to go over to him.

I shake my head slightly, waiting until Ms Green finishes talking about what we are required to do.

"Good and evil. That's what your project is based on. You can do a poster, PowerPoint or something else if you want to. We will start it today and finish it next lesson. Get working!"

I pick up my bag and move over to sit by Harry.

"Hey partner." Harry grins.

"Hi." I put my bag on the floor and turn to Harry.

"What's wrong with you?" He asks, nudging me slightly.

"Bad time at home. Don't worry about it." I mutter.

"Hey, Tori, you can talk to me you know. Don't keep yourself closed off." His blue eyes stare in to my brown ones, "I'm here for you, you know that."

I was almost going to tell him. Almost.

"Well my- wait. No, Harry I can't tell you I'm sorry. It's too personal. I haven't ever told Laura, maybe sometime in the future." I sigh.

He simply nods, "Let's get on with this project then."

>><<

I sigh as I walk through the front door.

I promised I'd go straight home. Spend time with my family, instead of doing what I usually do and try to ignore them for as long as possible by going to the river.

"Hey Tori! How are you?" My fathers girlfriend, Maya, smiles.

I roll my eyes, walking straight up to my room, closing the door behind me.

"Toronto, let me in." Mason bangs on my door.

"Why? What do you want Mason?" I shake my head at my younger brother.

"Dad told me to tell you we're going out for a meal tonight with the Lewis family." He grins.

"Why are you grinning like that? It's not like Emily will be there." I laugh, as he pushes me.

"Shut up Tori!" He groans.

"Mason likes Emily! Mason likes Emily!" I tease my 14 year old brother, smiling as he turns red.

"Do not."

"You do Mason. I know that and I don't even know this Emily girl." Jack laughs, opening the door to the room he's staying in.

"Well Tori loves Harry Lewis!" He blurts out.

"Harry Lewis? Seriously? He's my friend, of course I love him." I laugh, "That backfired."

Mason groans, "Just get ready. Dad wants us to go soon."

"Fine. Now, let me shut my door so I can change." I laugh, locking my door.

I search through my closet, trying to find something to wear to this meal.

Knowing my father, and the Lewis' we're going somewhere fancier, meaning I'd have to wear something other than jeans and a top.

I decide on a black lacy dress (picture in media) and a pair of black heels.

I curl my hair and put on some makeup quickly before going downstairs.