Chapter 2

Chris had been prancing around the apartment for the last hour. He and Oliver were going out and they were quite anxious. I wasn't really sure why, but I'm pretty sure I had heard something along the lines of, 'Girls that look like sex on legs'. 

Chris walked up to me, frowning. "How are you going to go out with us when you're wearing that?" He seemed disgusted as he looked over my princess pants and my over-sized Michael Jackson shirt.

I glared at him, my shirt was not ugly. "I already told you," I muttered, "I'm not going out with you guys. I need to save up my money, y'know? I can't go around buying drinks." I didn't even like to drink, but I was in need of any excuse. 

Chris shook his head, "We'll buy your drinks! We can be like your dates for the night!" 

I chuckled and shook my head, there was no way I was making them spend their money on me. I wasn't going to be a mooch, as Oliver lightly put it. "Seriously, Chris, it's fine." I smiled, "You need to find your own date tonight."

Chris sighed then walked back the hall to his room. Oliver walked out next, and my heart sped up. I inwardly slapped myself, but I couldn't help but feel the butterflies in my stomach. I think I was getting sick, did I have a fever?!

I was pulled away from my thoughts by a chuckle, "Jeez, Ellie, I didn't know you were that attracted to me." My cheeks turned red as I glared at him. 

"I'm n-not attracted to you, twat!" I sputtered, which just made him smirk.

Who was I kidding?! It was hard not to be attracted to him when he looked like that! He had a dark V-neck on and his hair spiked. Of course a guy like him would favor tee-shirts, his muscles were so easy to see when he wore them. And his skin was so tan, he looked like one of those California guys. 

"Look," he sighed, "I don't really care if you come out with us or not, I'm still going to get shit-faced drunk. But I really think that you'd make Chris less stressed about meeting this one girl if you came along. See, he's crazy about her, and he's really scared. When you're with him though, you make him calm. Trust me, I don't want you there, but I'm sure he does."

I was speechless. Was Oliver making that whole thing up? "You're joking, right?" Oliver shook his head.

"Her name is Della, and she's really hot." The way Oliver was looking at me made me squeamish, and a bit jealous. She was hot, huh? 

"Fine," I sighed, "I'll go with you guys."

***

**

*

It had been a long time since I felt pretty. I had been working in that grungy diner for what seemed like forever. The only thing I ever wore was the ugly uniform and a sloppy ponytail. It was different to be wearing something nice, wearing make-up, and having my hair curled. I had on dark skinny jeans, a sparkly blouse, and red heels. I looked gorgeous, and I could say that confidently.

I walked out of my room to see if the guys were ready. Oliver was playing a game on his phone, and when he looked up, I instantly felt unguarded. He raked his eyes over my entire body, then up to my eyes. He didn't say anything, we just looked at each other. Finally after what seemed like twenty years of awkward staring, he went back to his phone.

Chris smiled, "You look gorgeous, Ellie! You won't regret coming with us," he winked. He grabbed his coat, "Are we ready?" Oliver nodded, seeming to be off in a different world. He was no longer on his phone, but staring at the wall in front of him. What was up with him?...

------------------------------------------------------

Hey there. :D I hope you liked this. I changed it to Ellie's POV, because that's much easier in my opinon. I apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes.

Fan, vote, comment?! C'mon, you know you want tooooo c;