Chapter 6

The fact that Oliver had said that to me was enough to make me stumble. I ran his words through my head over and over. It was almost unreal, like a dream. Oliver, being nice to me, not a chance. Oliver, saying I deserved to be treated like a princess, get out of town. I didn't even know how to react, I wasn't sure what to say to him. I tried to think of something sarcastic to brush it off in a sense, but my mind was drawing blanks.

I remained silent, and then I heard his door close as he entered his room. "What the hell was that?!" I asked myself in a violent whisper. "That was so awkward and weird, why are you an idiot, Ellie?!" I began to smack my head off of the refrigerator, hating myself with each bang. 

I trudged off to bed, still replaying what Oliver had said. What if he was right though? What if I was just one of Nate's toys? It couldn't be true, Nate was such a gentleman, kind, courteous, funny, generous, you name it. But at the same time, Oliver was a guy, and no doubt he had tricks to pull women left and right; so was it so unusual that he could possibly see through Nate and his tricks also?  It all left me with a huge headache. 

I decided that it was way too risky to trust Oliver and randomly stop talking to Nate. Oliver being nice to me for once wasn't going to change my mind; Nate was a great guy from the start, and I had a really good feeling about him. I was going to go on a second date with him, and I really didn't care if Oliver liked it or not. 

I washed my face and brushed my teeth, then soon after, crawled in bed. 

I woke up, my head aching. It felt like my brain was too big for my head. I slowly and reluctantly got out of bed to get some pain pills and a coffee. I immediately saw Oliver in the kitchen and remembered the night before. I was too focused on my bursting brain to even have a second thought. 

I went to the cabinet and grabbed the pill bottle out, as I was inspecting it, it was ripped from my hands. "What's this for?" Oliver asked annoyingly, I rolled my eyes and reached for it, he pulled away. "Let me guess, headache? Because he drugged you last night?"

Nate obviously hadn't drugged me, but Oliver's constant need to make him seem like a pedophile was so annoying. "Not funny," I growled. "Hand it over, or I will seriously punch you in the teeth."

"Is that a threat? I enjoy applesauce a lot, so if you think me eating that for the rest of my life is a bad thing, you're dreaming." 

He was such a damn child. 

"I hate you so much, Oliver. Don't you have work or something? Or at least something better than annoying me all day?!" 

"I'm not leaving, you get to hang out with Daddy Oliver all day." I scoffed, just my luck, right? The fact that he addressed himself as Daddy Oliver made me gag. Wait, was that why? Hm. Didn't matter, either way I was sprinting for the bathroom. 

I was puking into the toilet immediately. I was starting to believe that I truly had the worst luck ever. What made it worse was I could feel Oliver behind me, literally watching me throw up everywhere. Awesome

"That's gross. But now I'm really starting to believe he really did drug you, and I'm not even kidding anymore." Oliver laughed as he walked away. 

"You're such a dick!" I screamed, ignoring my pounding headache as I did.