Chapter five

Katniss
I open my eyes to a tiny glint of sunlight through the curtains as get to get a glass of water.
I look around to see everyone else asleep but the only one who I know is awake is Finnick.
"Finn I know your awake"
He sits up and walks towards me "damn it i thought you wouldn't notice"
I laugh but my mind thinks for a second and I remember what day it is.
"Hey Finn what's the date today?"
"Well miss Everdeen it is the 25th of March.." He slowly looks up and realises what the day means to me. It's the anniversary of my Fathers death, I was only ten when it happened and prim was only seven and we were both in the car when another came speeding round a corner and hit us only prim and me survived as now my Mother will be even more depressed than usual.
"Oh Katniss I'm sorry, come here" Finnick has his arm stretched out for me and I gladly walk into them as he holds me I allow one small tear drop to fall out of my eye, I don't want to cry, I'm sick of crying and being weak.
I look up to Finnick "can I be alone for a second please" I look into those sea green eyes as he gives me the odair smile "of course just don't do anything stupid okay". And with that I walk up to my bedroom to hopefully forget about what happened.

Finnick

As Katniss walks up the stairs to her bedroom I can tell how much she's hurting, she just doesn't want to show it.
The rest of the group start to wake up and Annie looks around for who I could only imagine Katniss.
"Hey where's Kat?"
"She up in her room but don't go up there please" I say really looking at everyone
"Why?" Cato asks
"It's the 25th of March" and with that everyone's faces go pale, except for Peeta he just looks confused.
"What's so bad about today?" Peeta specks.
"Um well you see Katniss has had a pretty bad childhood because when she was ten she was in a car accident with her little sister and her dad but her dad didn't survive so today's always the day when Katniss doesn't show any emotion or laughter in any way, it's really just best to leave her alone because that's what she wants" Peeta looks down like the rest of us. As in this day we never know what to do.
///
Kind of getting closer to more everlark but let me know if you have any ideas about what could happen next I am always happy to hear your ideas X
-Holly
"I'm scared to get close but I hate being alone"