1. Birthday wishes

Alina

I hate goodbyes, knowing that you'll never see someone again is hard. What are you meant to say to them? Don't go, you best friend will miss you, she needs you. It was always Luke's dream to go on tour with his band. And I was so proud of him for it, but part of me knew that no matter how hard he tried to stay in touch or visit, once he left for the world he was gone. And I was right. We spoke for a few months, he even came back to visit me. Then the calls turned to the odd text and he didn't even remember my 17th birthday.

So now I've been replaced by 3 boys and thousands of screaming fans. Fans that will drool over his voice when I was the first one he ever performed to. He used to play his guitar before he met the rest of the band and show me his covers before he posted them on YouTube. Fans that will drool over his lip ring when I was there when he got it pierced. He was nervous and unsure but I convinced him. And I know I sound selfish but I don't want to share. I never wanted to share my best friend, but now I'm not even sharing him anymore. He became famous so I became history. I try to stop thinking about him, but let's face it- Luke Hemmings is hard to forget. But 2 years on I am starting to forget my best friend, slowly but surely.

It's always hard on birthdays and occasions where I know he would be here 3 years back, organising the whole thing for me, but now he probably can't even remember that it's the day his best friend legally becomes an adult.

My family's dreadful singing drag me away from my thoughts and I'm back in my living room wearing a tiara fit for the 5 year old I still am at heart.

"Alina sweetie, make a wish," my Mum says to me. I stare down at a delicious looking chocolate cake with 18 lit candles scattered around the top. I blow them all out, it's strange how my wishes have altered over the years. When I was 16, I wished that me and Luke would stay friends forever, 5sos or no 5sos. At age 17 I wished for him to come back and now I'm wishing to forget him, to move on with my life.

"Happy 18th!" my best friend Mollie says running up from behind me, hugging me. She hands me a wrapped box tied with a blue ribbon, his favourite colour. Oh snap out of it Alina, two years he's been gone for god's sake.

"Thanks Mol," I turn to hug her.

Mollie was always by best girl friend. We met in primary school when we were both 4 and all I remember from that time is being incredibly jealous of her strawberry blonde hair and trying to cut off a lock of it to glue onto mine. Our teacher caught me and sent me to the headteacher's office but Mollie had my back. She told them she hated having long hair and that I was just trying to do her a favour. She was really doing me one. She's always been there for me, when he left, whenever I needed it really.

A/N
First chapter, let me know what you think I promise when we get further into the story it'll get better. :))
-Jess