3. Back so soon?

Alina

Thursday, October 20nd 2016, 7:04am

Too early.

Honestly right now the only motivation I have left in me to walk out of my bed and put on my uniform is the fact that I won't have to do it for much longer. Once I've finished with my exams then I've finished high school.

Once I'm wearing my uniform I stumble down the stairs and make some breakfast. After wiping up the milk I spill all over the floor I turn the TV on. As I'll only be watching it for a few minutes I just put the news on in the background and scroll through Twitter. I see a few tweets that intrigue me and a hashtag, #welcomebackluke. What? It's a 5sos account that tweeted it so it must be him. Another tweet is congratulating Ben. I'm so confused right now. I switch over to Instagram and see a post of Luke's, it's him and his brother with the caption: So excited to be back in Sydney and can't wait until the wedding!

Ben's getting married, so Luke's coming back...

Oh boy.

Just when I decided to forget him as well, he walks right back into my life. If not my life, my street.

I look at the time, 7:36, and grab my bag. I wave goodbye to my mum for the day and leave my house for school.

Every day I wait for Mollie at the end of the road and we walk together, I can drive but school is so nearby that there's really not much point. Sometimes I drive in winter when it rains but that's rarely.

"Ali, hey," Mollie calls from a few feet away as I approach the end of my road.

"Hey Mollie," I reply, voice matching my mood.

"What's up? I know it's school so obviously you're in a bad mood but there's something else. I can tell."

"It's him." I know that Mollie will catch on quickly to who 'him' is, "he's back."

"Oh, when?"

"I think today. I don't know why I'm so upset it's not even his fault, I've been blaming him for 2 years but of course he moved on. I'm nothing special it just hurts that I thought he would never forget me. I never thought fame would get to his head or that I'd be left behind in the process of it. When he left I cried, but I got over it. When he forgot me I cried, but I'm getting over it. Maybe I just need time, maybe I just need to avoid him. "

"Maybe yeah," she smiled sympathetically at me and by the time I'd finished flushing out my feelings, we were at school and separated for our first exam English.

I met up with her and Harry (Mollie's boyfriend and my friend) during a free period afterwards, which we had to spend most of revising for unfortunately.

After taking the two exams I had that day I headed home and was greeted by my mum.

"Hi Alina honey, how was school?" Did she really just ask me that?

"Well I had exams and revision so... bad."

"Your almost done now."

"Yeah, I know," I replied.

"I got in touch with Liz today," please don't tell me it's that Liz, "you know Ben's getting married," please don't tell me it's that Ben, "and so Luke will be back for like 6 weeks isn't that great!" No.

I just stared at her.

"I know you haven't spoken in a while but it'll be great seeing him again," she said.

"Mum it's not like he just went on holiday for 2 weeks, he's been away for 2 years we haven't spoken. He's forgotten me," I told her.

"Oh don't be silly, he can't have forgotten you Alina."

Want to bet?

A/N
Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I promise it will start getting good soon :))
- Jess