eight

for nowrin, who's so sweet and wonderful and hilarious that it drives me mad ❤️ also her accent is adorable and makes me so jealous ://

EIGHT

"So who's on for this evening?"

Landon slides into his seat at the lunch table, interrupting the previous conversation. I look up from my chicken Caesar salad, glancing at the unusually chill, dark haired boy now sitting across from me.

"Not me." Kendra replies simply. "I've got a triathlon after school."

"I'm free." Brady shoves a hand full of fries into his mouth before nudging me encouragingly. "Wha 'bout you?"

"Well I technically should be job hunting since I got fired like a month ago." I inform the group. "But I don't really want to, so I guess I'm free tonight."

"Great." Landon drums his hands on the table excitedly. "I'm thinkin' Chipotle. Who's in?"

"That sounds so good." Kendra moans as Brady and I reply to Landon with nods of excitement.

Landon not-so-subtly scoots towards Kendra, leaning into her face. "Sounds familiar, now does it?" He murmurs teasingly, earning a rough punch on the arm from Kendra.

Nonetheless she laughs, eyeing him somewhat flirtatiously when she assumes Brady and I aren't looking. Kendra and Landon are similar personality wise—both are very headstrong and stubborn individuals that share the trait of sarcasm. Where they differ is looks. Kendra has a dark and broody, yet sexy, look to her that guys are immediately attracted to; without knowing how she actually is as a person. Landon is handsome but non traditionally, which explains the annual and short term girlfriends. I know that Kendra isn't usually into dating either because of how busy she claims to be, when in reality I think it's just that she has really high standards. Landon, however, would date any girl that is willing.

Perhaps even Kendra.

"Keep it PG you two." I nudge Kendra playfully, who rolls her eyes.

"Hey, why'd you say that you couldn't go again?" Landon queries.

Kendra runs a hand through her straight black hair. "I have a triathlon after school and a lot of people are going to put money on me."

"Really?" I raise my eyes in surprise. I know that Kendra does these a lot but I didn't know that she as that good.

"Yeah," She nods. "I'm kind of really excited for it actually. And I'd love to come to Chipotle but I think you guys understand how important this is."

"Definitely." Brady nods. "We go to Chipotle all the time anyways."

"Well what if I came with you?" I ask Kendra.

Landon snorts. "You'd die Leah."

"No I wouldn't." I defend myself proudly. "I've been running lately and I think I'm ready for this. And if not, then you can bury me next to my grandma or something."

"Great to know." Brady chuckles.

"I think it's awesome that you want to come, Leah." Kendra praises me, giving me a supportive pat on the back. "I'll pick you up after school today."