Chapter Eighteen: Illusions and the Abandoned

Sup everyone! Here’s chapter 18! :) So, I did the math and looked through my plot outlines for this book, and there’s only six more parts (including this one) until this book is finished!!! Eeeeeee!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                I walk into first period and sit down next to Thundi, Zorua’s words still echoing in my mind.

                Thundi’s purple eyes are twinkling.

                “Listen to Melody and Scarlett.” She whispers, and motions with her head to where they’re sitting.

                I look over. The two are obviously in a fight, because Melody keeps flicking her sleek black hair over one shoulder snobbishly, and Scarlett’s golden eyes are narrowed.

                “You’re such a wimp.” Melody snips, her gray eyes glowering.

                “It’s not right, what we’re doing!” Scarlett quips back.

                “If you can’t handle it then get out!”

                Scarlett snorts and turns to face forward, ignoring Melody.

                “Wonder what that was all about?” I ask Thundi, but she just smirks.

                “Looks like the elite are having a little disagreement.” She says coyly.

                Looks like it.

***

                Fourth period rolls around, and as I make my way to the library for my free study period, it occurs to me that I could use this hour to better my bond with Zorua.

                I reach the library and head to the back. I’m literally in the very back of the library, behind some bookshelves and in a little secluded spot I didn’t even know was here. There’s just a single bookshelf here, and the books look very old. The book shelf is also extremely fat, even though there’s not very many books on it. I head to the side of the shelf and gasp--- there’s a little door! I open it to reveal that the inside of the bookshelf is hollowed out, and running into the wall the bookshelf is next to; effectively creating a rather large-sized room. It’s dusty and a little stale smelling, but there’s a bare lightbulb hanging on a metal wire from the top of the bookshelf, so there’s light inside.

                I decide to train with Zorua here right away.

                I bet someone used this as a training spot a long time ago! This academy is pretty old, after all. And now it’s all mine! I doubt anyone would ever find me here.

                I take out Zorua’s Pokéball, and let him out.

                He takes one look at where we’re at, and his little black snout crinkles.

                “Where are we? I don’t like it here.”

                “We’re here to get to know each other better.”

                Zorua silently looks at me.

                Well, this is going great.

                “I’d like to apologize about before,” I tell him, “you’re right, I wasn’t respecting you. I want to change that. What are some things you like to do, Zorua?”