Chapter Nineteen: Operanapped!

November 5th, 1910

My heart raced as the doors to the dog cart shut and the imposter sat beside me; I jumped up and at once began banging at the doors. As I banged on the doors, out of the window, I saw my love face first on the cobblestone road; I banged even harder, in attempts to break the glass, but the imposter pulled me back. The imposter then pulled off the wide-brimmed hat and revealed a disgusting face, the face of the Vicomte; he was smiling and I wanted to wipe that smile away. My hand shot out and connected with his left eye; he groaned and turned away, only to turn back bearing rope. He quickly overtook me, despite my best efforts, and tied my hands together, along with my feet; he laughed as I sat, defeated, beside him.

"I bet you think you're so clever" I hissed, looking up to him with glassy eyes; he nodded.

"Oh, my dear, I know I'm clever. How else would've taken you from the Opera Ghost and came away virtually unscathed?" Said he as the horses for the dog cart ran at their top speeds. "I'm showing you my love for you, in doing this, showing you that I'll go to any length to obtain you...to make you mine" Said he, gently touching my cheek; I turned and chomped at his finger, which he pulled back with a chuckle.

"I will never be yours, Aaron, never! No matter how many times you do these sick, twisted things! Never!" I yelled, Aaron advanced upon me and grasped my cheeks with his left hand; squeezing them tightly together, puckering my lips. He slammed his lips to mine and kissed me for a while; turning away, breathing heavily afterwards. "That's twice that I've tasted your lips" said he, turning to me "that's twice more than your Opera Ghost ever has" said he, dreamily.

"So? Unlike you, the Opera Ghost will have me for eternities to come! I am his, and my soul belongs to him; just as my heart does. You may think you have me, but you never have and you never will! So, I am tied up?

So you've kidnapped me? You will never have my hand, for it belongs to him!" I growled, there was a short pause "You are going to die, Aaron, and I will personally see to it that your death is the most horrific in the books!" I finished, staring into his beady eyes; all the Vicomte did was laugh, he laughed at my threats and he laughed at my 'speech'. We returned to the Opera Populaire but I wasn't taken through the normal entrance, no, I was taken through the stable entrance.

A stinky, dark entrance which is used by stable boys or trainers. The Vicomte tied my hands up around my back, and untied my feet; so I could walk. The driver to the dog cart was Gerard, and he walked with me; as we walked, Gerard slipped me what felt like a key, I quickly balled my fist around it. I was taken to the Vicomte's bedroom and thrown on the bed; as I sat up Aaron began to talk. "The Opera Ghost was right this morning" he started "I did eavesdrop on your little conversation, Gerard spoke to you and you did not drink the liquid, Margarita" he paused and turned to me "what do you think I am?" asked he.

"Idle threats and empty words" I hissed, anger flaring up inside me, Gerard closed his eyes as flinched as the Vicomte laid his hand on his butler's shoulder; the Vicomte was laughing.

"Idle threats eh?" Said he, with a chuckle, I looked down to Gerard and noticed how exceptionally pale he was and that there were very dark circles round his eyes; Gerard was much thinner and shook uncontrollably. "Thanks to your Opera Ghost, I have given Mr. Gerard here a poison...a slow acting poison! In my pocket, here, is the antidote..." the Vicomte smiled, pulled out the vile of antidote and threw it against the wall, just as the Opera Ghost threw the shot-glass against the wall only hours beforehand. "I will allow you to say goodbye, he has already said goodbye to Mamma Giry; who is...tied up at the moment" Said he with a sly chuckle; the Vicomte skipped out of the room and gently closed the door.