Chapter 21 - Wedding bells

Natasha's POV

Today mine and IMran's relationship is officially going to be confirmed due to the ring ceremony. I should be excited but I'm not. I'm not sure if I'm marrying the right brother. Yes IK can give me everything I want. He spoils me a lot but I feel happier when I'm around Sid we speak a lot more than IK and speak. Sometimes I feel like IK and I are only marrying each other for the sake of marriage and we're both ideal for each other and not because we love each other.

"Which one do you want to wear the blue stone or red stone ? " my other asks me while sorting out my jewellery for tonight.

"Any" I say

"What's gotten into you? At least show a bit interest in your wedding. You've been like this all week" she snaps at me.

"Sorry I'm not sure If I'm ready for marriage yet" I tell her not fully being able to open up.

"I understand your getting the cold feet but it's too late to do anything now. People will talk. Imran is.m good boy with a stable situation so if there is anyone else maybe Haz back in your life get him out of your head because Imran will keep you happy. " she says and puts the necklace on me. Mothers know everything maybe not everything because it's clearly not Haz giving me second thought about marriage.

We then go out to interact with everyone and exchange rings. After the party I decide to go out for a breather and think everything through. I had to put on a fake smile all the way through but it's confusion that's been playing on my mind all along. I GO Out after all the guest have left.

Sid follows me out and tells me.

"why are you marrying him" Sid asks.

"Because ..I ... I love him" I say. It's hard to get those words out of my mouth but it was the truth.

"I know you don't love him. You love me. I know really well that day when we helped Remi and Sam get back together everything you said was directed towards me and Im not gonna lie but what I said was also directed towards you so Don't marry my brother. You  and him are only marrying for the sake of marriage "bhe says.

"I love you. I've fallen for you the moment I saw you at the train station but that's just a one time thing but then I got to know you more in India that's when I realised I love you so please marry me instead. We will find a way to tell IK. I know you love me too. I tried being just friends but it didn't work. I couldn't bear hide my feelings for you. No one has made me feel the way you do" he says

"No it's not that easy, I can't just leave IK. Everything will be ruined. What will the people say? Our families will hate us forever and I'll get labelled a slut for playing both brother. Either I marry IK or no one at all" I reply thinking of the consequences. The better option is to marry IK because he's perfect. But is perfect really what I want? Me and IK never fight at all but that's boring. After meeting Sid I've realised that I've originally misinterpreted the meaning of perfect and "perfect" is not what I want or need. Being Imperfect is way more fun.

"You still have time to decide..you won't be happy with him if you don't love him" he says

"Yeah but I can learn to love him. Me and him are meant to be together and you and me are something we are both forcing to happen because of lust. " I say deeply hurt as I have no choice about this forbidden love of ours. He's finally declared his love for me. I should me happy that the man I love loves me back but it's going to affect a lot of things.

After a couple of days. My best friend Remi throws me a surprise bridal shower.
"You've been so miserable. Aunty told me you got cold feet. I'm taking you out today" she takes me out saying she has a spare coupon for parlour day, we get a facial, make up done and makes me wear a nice dress and we get back to my house only to be surprised by my mother, cousins and girl friends.

"SURPRISE" everyone screams and gives me a side banner that reads "bride to be" and Remi wears "maid of honour " which my cousins and my close friend Julie and Bella wears bridesmaid banners.
We play a couple of games and it only just makes me sad when my friends makes inappropriate jokes about me and IK because I don't feel the way I should be feeling about him. Instead I feel like that for his brother.

"Remi..can I speak to you" I ask her with the urge to open up. Usually she's the first person I go to with my problems specially boy problems but I haven't had the chance to do it.

"Yeah sure me too need to tell you something" she excitedly says while stuffing her face with cupcake.

"Really what ?" I ask

"Me and Sam..we are pregnant" she says shyly.

"Wow that was quick seeing you just patched up your relationship few weeks ago. We all know what went down after make up " I say shocked.

"I'm kidding man. I'm not pregnant but we are getting married because I'm moving to Dubai with him. I've already applied a job there as a head of geography department in English speaking school and my current workplace said they would consider hiring me back after 2 years when we are back for good" she explains.

"You idiot! I believed you just then we'll I'm happy for you. I'm gonna miss you so much" I say to her I mean she and Sam are meant to be. They've finally found a way to be with each other after so many years and so many failed attempts. But it'll be so sad not seeing my best friend for 2 years.

"What did you wanna say" she asks

"Advice really..I think I'm marrying the wrong brother" I try to make it quick.

"Ooh I saw it coming. I mean after the day you helped me patched things up with Sam. I think what you were saying you and him both were directed towards yourselves rather than us. Kinda cute really. I'd say stick with the one you are with. The other ones just a crush it will go away. You don't want people talking" she says and I leave it there because there's no point ruining the party telling her about me and Sid and everything that happened between us. I can't help but cry. I excuse myself from my bridal party and cry in the toilet cry a lot because I can't be with the one I want whether I marry IK or not even though we both like each other. It's just the boundary stopping us from being together. I can't help but sob really loudly. I should be out there having fun with the ladies And not cying because I'm not love with someone else and it's only weeks from my wedding.