°chapter 16°

I struggled all the way to my jail cell where they will hold me until my "operation."

This is what I chose so I wanted to stick with it but something didn't feel right.

I was shoved into the cell, handcuffed so I fell to my knees.

Another person was in the corner, his appearance was scary, matted hair, eyes that were searching the room with intent.

"Maya." The guy breathed out.

"Carter?"I questioned before I started to hug him.

Tears rimmed my eyes as we continued to hug.

"You need to get out of here." He said falling out of our hug.

"Why? I will save so many people by doing this." I said as I looked at him with strange eyes.

"No, they aren't planning on any surgery." He said looking at me.

"What do you mean, Carter?"I replied, confused.

"It's a long story, but some scientist made this horrible zombie disease. The government was trying to decide whether or not to contain it, or let it go and create a army of flesh eating zombies." He said quickly, barely stopping to breathe. "Those who wanted to make the army, were separated from the ones who didn't, the hospital you were in was operated by the good part of the government."

"Whats going to happen?" I asked, with frantic questions pushing at the edges of my mind.

Ignoring my question Carter says, "They are trying to find the cures so they can kill the cures. They are telling them that they are going to have a operation that will save humanity." He finally stopped to breathe as I thought about Troy.

"Oh shit, we have to get out of here." I said as I pulled the bars.

°¥°¥°¥°¥°¥°¥°¥°¥°¥°¥°¥°¥°¥°¥°¥°¥°
Troys point of view

I breathed heavily as I traveled around the perimeter of the large fence. The guards were only at the front and back entrances of the building. 

I needed to get to her but the guards were hovering by both of the entrances.

I take pliers out of my backpack as I carefully cut the chain link fence. I fit my body through the large hole and I run towards the concrete building.

Shit. Shit. How can I get in there?!

I keep my back pressed against the side of the building as I inch my way to the guards.

I take my knife out of my black combat boots as I come up behind one of the two guards.

I put his body in front of mine so the other guards shots, penetrate him and not me. Once the guard I was holding fell to the ground, I then proceeded to tackle the other one.

He struggled as I ripped the gun and its strap from his shoulder. I throw it as I start hitting him, blood cascades over his face. He isn't dead but I leave him unconscious on the ground.

I run inside, trying to remember where I was heading.

<°<°<°<°<°<°<°<°<°<°<°<°<°<°<°<°<
Back to Mayas point of view

A guard comes and with a smug look he says, "Its time for your operation."

Shots ring out from down the hallway as Troy starts shooting the guards. The guard with the smug look pulls out a handgun and points it at my stomach as Carter jumps in front of me.

The bullet fly's through Carters stomach as Troy shoots the guard.

I kneel beside Carter. Tears flood my eyes as they start to fall onto my steaming cheeks.

"Carter, no, Carter, stay with me."
I say holding his head in my lap and I use my hand to add pressure to the wound.

His eyes flicker as I start to sob. "Carter don't leave me."

He breathes his last breath.

I cry loudly as I hear the dead guards radio burst with sound.

Troy pulls me up, taking me to the woods. He pulls me along for twenty minutes before he embraces me in a hug.

I sob into his chest as he combs my hair with his fingers.

*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|
Well that was emotional-$tellar.