Chapter 19

The song on the side is 'Safety Pin' by 5 Seconds Of Summer, I feel like it fits the story, the idea of two people, a boy and a girl, both broken in their own way, finding each other, and allowing the other to make them happy. This song shows that sometimes, two 'broken' people can 'fix' each other, but I do not think broken is the right way to describe a person, I think that no one is 'broken', I think that if something is truly broken, it cannot be fixed, no person is so broken that nothing can make them happy.

We walk through the door of the house.

"Cole! I haven't seen you in so long!" A woman who looks to be in her 40s says. She has light blonde hair and has bright blue eyes, just like Cole, I guess he looks like his mother and his siblings look like his dad.

I guess they also developed a similar personality to the parent they share similar features with.

"Hi mom," he says to the woman who is clearly his mother, they look very similar.

"I've missed you so much!" she says and she hugs him, then she looks around, and notices me. "Where is your brother?" She questions.

"I don't know, he didn't come." Cole tells her, by his tone, you can tell that he does not want to admit to his mother that her son is not there, and clearly does not plan on coming.

She looks hurt, I would to, if I haven't seen my son in years and when he finally came back he didn't visit.

"Oh, okay." She sounds really sad. "So, who is this?" she asks motioning to me.

"Hi, nice to meet you, my name is Brinn." I tell her and we shake hands.

"It's nice to meet you too."

I just sit here, doing nothing.

I really miss the gym, I hate being on the road like this, I  would like to just stay in one location.

When I turn 18 I want to leave this trip and do what I want. I mean what's there for me here?

A brother that now hates me? Parents that now hate me?

I have nothing here.

I'm tired of just sitting in the background.

Wow, I feel loved.

I just stand up, ready to leave the house. I think I'm going to cry, I would just rather be alone right now.

"I have to go." I announce before walking towards the door.

"Brinn," Cole starts, he can tell something is wrong.

"Please, I just have to go." I say as I open the door and leave.

I'm still not quite sure what I did to make my family hate me as much as they do.

I walk through the neighborhood, hoping I don't end up lost...again.

I don't deserve any of this, I hope that somehow something good will come out of all of this.

I eventually come across a park, I don't know why I love parks so much.