I Promise I Exist, I'm Just Useless

Hmm... I've gone and gone silent again haven't I? I'd like to say there was a good reason... and maybe there was, there's a lot of house renovation going on right now... but really, there has been plenty of time I could've been writing as well. So I dunno. And then my friend who teaches psychology was like 'you know you're depressed right?' and I was like 'I am???' So tbh I don't know whats going on, and shall now aimlessly ramble at you.

Firstly, the house! It's so nearly an actual house now, where walls don't fall down when poked and pipes don't just burst for the lols. Last week this was an exciting thing, we could all see the end of 5 months of hard work, but now there's a useless plumber holding things up.

He was first meant to turn up 2 months ago. If at this point I tell you that the first time I saw him was last Monday, when he came in, spent 5 mins looking at a toilet that'd broken in the last few weeks, told me they didn't make that part anymore, and disappeared again without even looking at the boiler or central heating (the job we got him for) you can maybe get a general feel for his competence level. Incidentally my housemate's dad then went and found said part at the local Screwfix for £2... yeah. And I can't even go hire a different guy coz this one is dads mate and there's some kind of builders politics going on. And he's only worked half a day since then. I'm going to get so English passive-aggressive on his ass, I'm not even going to offer tea next time he turns up.

Other than that though we're looking good. Paint is on walls, carpet exists, and I maaaay have spent £500 on a bed frame. But it's bloody amazing I promise. If any of you are into spending large amounts of money on hand carved French-gothic furniture, I fully recommend Newtons Furniture (newtonsfurniture.co.uk). It's even good just to go drool over the thought of owning it.

My poor self-control with now dwindling money reserves aside, I also adopted a dog from a rescue shelter. His name is Baxter and he's 13. Due to various things in his past we're having to re-housetrain him, get him over separation anxiety so he can be left alone if needed, and reassure him that other dogs aren't scary monsters. He is adorable though, totally worth the work. For anyone considering getting a pet, remember to do your best to adopt. Baxter may be a slightly problematic old man, but most aren't. They're just normal problem-free dogs that need some love.

I will just offer this advice though. I don't know how it works in other countries, but here in England it's best to adopt from no-kill shelters. It means your money doesn't support kill shelters, and all the no-kills I know of actually take in animals from kill shelters, so you're still saving them by freeing up a kennel for them. May be different elsewhere though.

And that's it really... I know this has been a very short update, but I can't really think of anything else worth mentioning. To be honest, if there wasn't the vague need to prove I do indeed exist, I wouldn't consider any of this worth mentioning, besides perhaps the animal adoption. It's not like my lack of a decent plumber is interesting subject matter. Oh well, It exists now. Deal with it :P

Adopt don't shop :)

Love you guys!

Peace <3