Chapter 1: Shower Party

This story is a little slow in the beginning, but please give it a chance! I'm sure you'll enjoy it ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was determined. Weaving my way through crowds of people coming at me, I stood at midfield. I quickly spotted the opening and kicked the soccer ball, making it fly through the air and into the goal. Everyone on my team cheered as I made my way back to my 2 best friends, Parker and Jennifer.

"Jenny! At least do something!" I said.

"Nope," she replied. I shook my head. Jenny always did whatever she wanted. She was actually a great kicker, but she never did anything unless she had to.

"Great shot, by the way! You go girlfriend!" Parker exclaimed.

I gave him a flat look. "Is it possible to tone the gay down?" I said sarcastically. Jenny and Parker burst out laughing.

"No, no it isn''t," he said, while still giggling. Jenny laughed again and started bouncing on the balls of her feet. I rolled my eyes. I swear, she has so much energy. Mrs. Lincoln blew her whistle, signifying the start of a new round.

"I hear we're getting a new student tomorrow," Parker said. "I hope he's hot!"

"From where? A transfer?" I asked as I backed away from them, making sure I was open for the ball.

"I have no-" Jenny started as the ball rolled towards her in a blur. In one swift motion, she kicked the ball with all her strength, sending it flying through the air towards the wall next to the soccer field. Everyone in the room stopped and stared as the ball broke through the wall and into the next room. I turned and faced Jenny.

"What was THAT?" I asked.

"I passed it to you!..kinda..."

"Sure, if I was the wall!" She shrugged her shoulders.

"Miss Mitchell!" called Mrs. Lincoln. "Go get that ball you just kicked! And class dismissed."

Jenny walked with us to the door. "I can't believe Mrs. L is making me get the ball! It's not my fault the Rec Room's walls aren't strong enough to withstand a soccer ball!" she said.

"I kinda think it is," Parker responded. Jenny didn't answer as she turned left to get the ball, where ever it was. Parker and I grabbed our backpacks and veered down the hallway to our right, heading for the elevators.

"Coming to my place?" I asked Parker as we stepped into the elevator.

"You know it!" he said, as he pressed the F button. Normally, only girls were allowed on the F floor, because they were the girls' dormitories, but Ms. Bentley, the supervisor for that floor, made an exception for Parker.

After we got inside my dorm room, I dropped my bag onto my bed.

"Got any Calc homework?" I asked him.

"Only a little, Leksey..." he said, not looking up as he dug into his backpack.

"Me too," I said, as I took out a piece of binder paper and wrote Leksey Katrina in the top right corner.

Ten minutes later, just as I finished, Jenny burst into the dorm room.

"Aww, you started homework without me?" she complained, as she stared at me and Parkerwith our textbooks. "Fine then. I get first dibs on the shower!"

"Well, that;s why we started homework first. You always get mad at me whenever I shower first," I said.

"Sorry!" she called as she closed the bathroom door behind her.