Chapter 3: Good News, Bad News

Buzz. Would Leksey Katrina, Jennifer Mitchel, Parker Lodell, Selena Layn, Ashton Bennett, and Bob Prat please come to Adminastrative Floor A please. Thank you. 

Everyone stared at the speaker in the wall. Why were we all being called up to the office? Who knows. i looked at my friends, and they all had the same confused expression on their face that I probably had on too. I switched the safety on my gun and walked to the locker room, throwing it into my locker. Everyone else who had been called did the same and we went into the elevator. 

"What's happening?" Jenny whispered to me as the elevator made its way up the 22 levels to the top floor.

"How am I supposed to know?" I said softly.

"Why are we whispering?" Parker whispered to us. Jenny and I rolled our eyes. 

We got to Admin Office and stepped inside. I recognized Dee, the office clerk (again), and Dawn, the secretary. 

"Go to Mr. Kong's office," Dawn told us. 

We walked into the room and Mr. Kong was sitting at his desk, typing on his computer. He turned his attention to us.

"What's happening?" Bob asked.

"You, actually all of you, have been chosen to go on the Черные пантеры Mission. Also known as the Black Panther Mission," Mr. Kong told us.

"WAIT," Bob shouted. "I AM NOT GOING ON A LONG TRIP WITH THIS MANIAC!" He pointed at Parker. 

"Fine," Mr. Kong said. "Would you like to be replaced?"

"YES!!!!!" 

"Alright," he said, picking up his desk phone. "Mark Sardella, please come to Adminastrative Level A." and motioned for Bob to get out. 

"So as I was saying, all of you have to be on a trip together-" 

I just realized...

"I have to go on a mission with HIM?" I pointed at Ashton. He had no expression on.

"Well, do you want to be replaced?" Mr. Kong asked.

I couldn't let this opportunity get away! I had to just live with it. 

"No," I told my principal reluctantly. 

"How about you, Mr. Bennett?" Ashton shook his head.

"Then will everyone PLEASE stop interrupting me?" Mr. Kong looked exasperated. "Now as I was trying to say, the Black Panther Society is a society of people in Russia. They've been kidnapping people from the US, Canada, and some parts of Mexico and taking them back to their home base. And what they do at their home base... that's the bad part.

"They artificially enhance the people they've kidnapped. They're literally forming an army of Cyborg-like organisms. The Society's goal is to take over the entire world, starting with the US, then North America, and so on."

"How do we know this?" Mark asked. I hadn't even noticed him come in.

"That," Mr. Kong said. "Is confidential information. But we need you all to go. We'll give you more informations via your iPhones later." Our iPhones were modified so they had way more features. "However, we do know that there is an ally coming to kidnap more people. Try to track them down. They're expected to be in Sacramento, California in 3 days, so pack quickly. You're leaving tomorrow." And with that, he turned away from us and started working on his computer again. All of us turned and left, and as soon as we got out into the elevator, we all started talking at once.

"Can you believe-"

"No way this is happening-"

"I like pie-"