Chapter 2: Screw the Camera

"Open," I told the titanium dorm room door. It slid open and Jenny and Parker walked in with me. Selena wanted to get back to her own dorm across the hall, so it was just the 3 of us.

"I'm getting a shower first," I demanded as the door slid back closed. Neither of them said anything.

"Jenny, guard the door," I told her. I did not want another shower party with Parker. I went into the bathroom and Jenny stood in front of the bedsheet we pinned up for a make-shift door. We still hadn't gotten a new one since the incident with Parker yesterday. I threw off my food-covered clothes and stepped into the shower. As I washed off the gross food, I thought. What did Ashton want from me?! I'll just ignore him. That'll solve everything. Or maybe not, but it'll help. I heard Parker and Jenny shouting and some loud banging, so I rushed out of the shower as fast as I could. I slipped on a towel, ran past Parker and Jenny wrestling on the ground, yanked on my clothes, and pulled out my Macbook Pro. 

By the time I finished typing up my Chemistry paper, Parker and Jenny had both taken their showers (seperately) and it was time for dinner. 

As I pressed the L button for the High School Lunchroom, I thought about what had happened earlier today in that same room. The food fight, the taco, the...

"Come on!" Jenny urged, yanking me out of the elevator to the cafeteria. She dragged me into the food court. "What do you feel like eating today?" she asked me. We looked around at the vast collection of restaurants. "Maybe steak?" I suggested. 

"Yum!" she said. "Gross!" Parker stated. "That stuff is gross. I'm getting another taco." I rolled my eyes. Parker was obsessed with tacos. 

As soon as we got our food, we sat down at our usual table and our usual arrangement. Jenny got up to get a knife as we started eating. 

"Did you get #247 on the Calc homework?" Selena asked me.

"We had to do that one?!" I practically screamed. "Yes!" she told me. "We had to do #1-250!"

"WHAT?!" I shouted. Now I had to set aside 6 minutes from my excercising routing that I did in the evening to do the 14 calculus problems I didn't do and triple check them. I stopped panicking when Ashton sat in Jenny's usual spot to my left. Selena, Parker, and I immediately stopped talking. Help me! I told Parker with my eyes.

"Well, gotta go!" Parker said, breaking the awkward silence. "Go along with it," he mouthed to me.

We grabbed our trays and headed back to the elevators. Somewhere along the way, Jenny caught up with us, with her tray of food. "He's following," she whispered to me. In the elevator, it was more awkward silence between the 5 of us. When the doors slid open on the F floor, we filed out, Ashton behind us. As soon as he put one foot outside of the elevators, practically all the doors in the hallway opened and a huge mob of girls attacked him. They probably were tracking him on the school website. Every student in this school that is in 7th grade or up has a chip implanted into the palm of their left hand. This way, teachers could track where ever we went, and we didn't need keys for our dorm rooms since the doors could sense who was standing in front of them. They were also a sort of data chip, but it only works with special enabled computers. 

We plowed into Selena's room, dropping all of our trays onto her desk. There were a lot of arrow-making supplies on it, but we just placed them on top of the stuff. Now I was very confused. Why was Ashton following me to everywhere? Guys weren't even allowed to go on the Girls' Dorm Floors! He probably would've gotten in trouble anyways when Mrs. Bentley noticed that he was there, but still. I pushed it to the back of my mind as I grabbed my tray, plopped down on Selena's bed, and turned on her TV. No surprise it was on the Archery Channel.