Chapter 5: Hoverboard

"Do you see him?" Jenny questioned, sipping her raspberry latte.

          "Not yet," Parker answered. He had ordered a tall half-soy half-1 percent extra hot split quad shot latte with whip and a shot of hazelnut. 

          "Why do we have to wait at this Starbucks?" Mark whined.

          "Because," Selena said. "The guy is going to pass by here any minute now. We have to track him down."

          "I'm bored!" Mark complained. "Why did I even agree to come on this mission? It sucks-" Ashton shoved a muffin in Mark's mouth, making him finally shut up. 

          "Shhh!" Selena whispered. "There he is!" We all casually looked over. Sure enough, the guy was walking through the crowd.

          "He matches the picture," Jenny said. "Let's split up and follow him. Everyone put in your Ear Devices." Our Ear Devices were this thing that we put, well, in our ear. There's this chip thing that's been implanted in our jaw and that registers us talking. It's basically a walkie-talkie-type thing. 

          "Who with who?" Parker asked.

          "I call Leksey," Ashton stated. I stared at him, but as soon as he looked at me I turned away. I couldn't look him in the eye, since I was pretty sure we had just slept together in the same bed last night. 

          "Then dibs on Jenny," Selena added.

          "Crap, I get Parker," Mark murmured.

          "Let's go," Ashton said, grabbing my hand and pulling me along.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

          "Where are you?" I whispered. Ashton and I had followed the ally to his car, where he was now driving off.

          "I don't know..." Jenny responded. "We found him talking to a few guys, so we're going to stalk them. You follow the main guy."

          "Copy that," I said. 

          "He's getting away. Use the hoverboard," Ashton said.

          "Okay." I took out the small cube and pressed the button. It unfolded until it was big enough for 2 people to ride on. "Come on," I told Ashton. I felt slightly self-concious with him inches away from me on the hoverboard. Pushing that to the back of my mind, i made us speed up and follow the car. Luckily, it was nearly dark, so we could blend in easily since we were wearing dark clothing. This was going to be awkward since we were going to have to follow this car for who knows how long. I twitched my finger to turn off my mouthpiece thing that was connected to my ear piece so the others couldn't hear me. 

          "So..." I heard Ashton say behind me. I ignored him. "Leksey. Leksey. LEKSEY. LEKSEY!!!"

          "Why did you even pair up with me? You don't even like me!" I shot at him. He just stared at me.

          "Why do you think that?" Was he freaking kidding me?

          "Because! You always torture me and confuse me and I don't know why! What did I ever do to you?" I shouted. The hoverboard wavered a little and I stopped yelling to straighten it out. 

          "I never said that I didn't like you!" he shouted back. "I only did that because...." he got quiet.

          "Because what?!"

          "Nevermind!!"

          "Tell me!"

          "I can't!"

          "Why not?"

          "I just can't!! Ask Mark! He knows!"

          Great. Now I had to ask Mark. But, since he wasn't here right now, I guess I would have to wait.

          "Now what did you want to say to me before?" I asked calmly.

          "I  was wondering how you wanted to do this."

          "Do what?!"

          "Uh, stop the guy?!"

          "Oh. Right. Well... I guess we just follow him for now. Lay low."

          "Good plan." I rolled my eyes, even if he couldn't see me. Seriously, laying low was basically what you were supposed to do when you were following someone, duh. You wouldn't want them to notice, would you?!  I grit my teeth and just followed the guy. He was going pretty straight, so we didn't have to twist and turn and whatnot. After what seemed like an hour, the guy finally swerved off the highway and into a town called Truckee. He drove around a while, and pulled into a normal looking warehouse. Of course. We stopped nearby and watched him. It was almost midnight, so there was hardly anyone outside. He was about to walk inside, when he stopped and turned to stare straight at us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woooo I finally wrote something because I sorta had severe writers block FOREVER. so i managed to spit this part out. Anyways, in other news, I SAW THE HUNGER GAMES TODAY!! :D :D :D It was awesome because I went with mah frand Kristin and we saw it together and we snuck candy in ;) But it wasn't AS good as i was hoping, but it was still pretty good :D anyways.... yea. 

6 votes! for chappie 6! good luckkkk!!!!!!!